Word of the Day

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by BigOleDummy, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Flight Co-Ordinator

This is just like the time I went in Clinton Cards, picked up a rude card and when I opened it, it made a rude noise.

I was yelling at it for ages before I realised it was just a device in the card that made noise, not actually directed at me personally.

Asclepius and Underdunn like this.
  2. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

Asclepius likes this.
  3. Nikki the Great

Hi everyone!

<waves with both hands>

@Underdunn is away for a few days, so of course I'm filling in. You know why? Cos I'm the only person allowed to! So there!

Anyway, has anyone here seen a walking hedge? Well it's not a walking hedge. It's an animal who has put a whole hedge on it's back. It's being greedy and hogging the hedge. You know what the word for it is?

HEDGEHOG

Rude little sods :sulk:

Underdunn and Asclepius like this.
  4. Cloud

Cloud Flight Co-Ordinator

Is this the same type of animal that video game man is? Crash Bandicoot I think he is called

Nikki the Great likes this.
  5. Nikki the Great

No no no. Let's not be silly. It's Donkey Kong of course.

6. Nikki the Great

Hello again!

As @Underdunn is still away, I have to provide you with another word. A hard task, but I'll do it.

So you know when someone pretends to be in a relationship with someone, then later claims to have married someone, but it's all lies? And they then put on a costume to try to pretend to be a CRAAAZAYYY character, to distract us from the fact they made up having a wife?

Well there's a word for this, can you believe?

SPACEDAN!

Will I be here tomorrow? Will @Underdunn be back? Tune in to find out!

Underdunn and Asclepius like this.
  7. Nikki the Great

Can you believe it? @Underdunn is still away! How very selfish of him! So looks like I've got to do it again.

Today's word is:

ANUS

Thankyouandgoodnight!

Underdunn, Asclepius and Cloud like this.
  8. Cloud

Cloud Flight Co-Ordinator

Best word yet

9. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

I'm baaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!! Many thanks to @Nikki the Great !!!!

And speaking of hot....

...Hasn't it been hot? Eh? Have you had an icecream? It didn't give you one of those 'brain freezes' did it? That's what all the kids call it isn't it? 'Brain freeze' ?

WELL THEY SHOULDN'T!!! :mad: BECAUSE THOSE AREN'T THE RIGHT WORDS AT ALL!

The two words 'the kids' SHOULD be using to describe the head numbing effect of quaffing your icecream too quickly are--

--SPHENOPLATINE GANGLIEONEUALGIA!!!

One wonders what they're teaching them at school these days? How to mug old women probably. This country has gone to the dogs. I blame political correctness or something.

10. Kittypaws

Is there a word for when you've watched every episode of whatever TV show and you're left looking completely and utterly confused?

11. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

Been following Westworld have you? :lol:

12. Kittypaws

Yup.

13. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

I thought you might have been! Most people seemed utterly baffled by what the hell was going on in that finale. I have the answers though! Ask away!

14. Kittypaws

Has everyone else seen it or should I put it in spoilers?

15. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

Well I can envisage no downside whatsoever to putting it in spoilers.

16. Kittypaws

Okay.
    1:
    at what point did Dolores build Bernard - didn't Robert Ford build him?

2:
    if James Delos was the founder of his own company, and Young William ended up as the owner, thereby denying Logan the chance to run it, how come there's a host version of Logan who's supposed to be dead? Does that mean something happened to Young William?

3:
    is Old William a human, a human-hybrid, or a host?

4:
    did Arnold Weber and Robert Ford both realize exactly what was going to happen in the future and that's why they both programmed Delores to shoot them?

17. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

1:
    Dolores didn't build Bernard. You are correct, Robert Ford did. Dolores was however used by Ford to 'interview' him and test him for fidelity in the same way we saw other hosts doing. All of this happened years ago and a lot of what we thought in season 1 was Bernard testing Dolores was actually always the other way around.

2:
    The host version of Logan you are reffering to is the one acting as a guide inside the forge. I believe James Delos made the guide in that form out of guilt. Its not really a host as such since it doesn't have a physical form and just exists inside the mainframe the same way Williams daughter does years and years later (in the post credit scene).

3:
    This is what seemed to throw most people! Basically the events that we saw play out for Old William during season 2 were the actual events that originally happened. We WERE following the still very human Old William during his first go around, where of course he ended up shooting his daughter and eventually heading to the forge. All of that did really happen and William definitely WAS human when it did... HOWEVER, unbeknownst to us when we see him travelling down in the lift we have actually flipped forward years and years later and at THAT point we are now following the human-hybrid William who has been forced into reliving these events over and over as the robots of the future test him for fidelity... The suggestion is that he's done this whole thing hundreds of times before but so far has never managed to break from the pattern, whatever happens he still always ends up killing his daughter and always returns to the forge. They seem intent on making him repeat this until he finally does something different, although he probably never will. He is effectively in his own hell. We know for certain he's a hybrid rather than a host at this stage because the host version of his daughter tells him that.

4:
    Nobody seems quite sure whether Ford and Arnold knew what would happen in the future when they got Delores to kill them... It seems a stretch to suggest they would know things would play out this way. HOWEVER a few lines of dialogue in the finale do try to explain it, suggesting that by mapping all the human brains that the park has mapped the corportation is able to roughly predict future events based on previous experiences. So I think we just have to give them that.

18. Kittypaws

Omg! Thank you so much! Number 3 had been really kicking my arse!

Underdunn likes this.
  19. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

Good... AND
    Its worth noting that the injured version of William we see the military carting off onto the boat at the end is also still the human version - which means the transfer to hybrid hasn't occurred yet, but we know it will and it will presumably happen in season 4... which will eventually involve him returning to the park... which will eventually cause him to enter the loop I described.

20. Kittypaws

Ooooo!
    And do you think there will be a season 4?