TV Shows You've Seen Recently

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by Bluey, May 6, 2017.

1. Spaceman

Spaceman Deck Sergeant

Simon ur picking those EASY TARGETS again. Neil, Sammer, Spaceman..............why it always those EASY TARGETS Simon. Time to tell Cloudikins what u think of his nonsense.........or are you SCARED of Cloudikins and Nikki???????

Tell Cloudikins what u think of his nonsense Simon............no more EASY TARGETS

[​IMG]

neilold likes this.
  2. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Flight Co-Ordinator

Hahahahahaha look at Neil liking this @Cloud :lol::lol::lol::lol:

He thinks nobody likes him cos he's an easy target and everybody's scared of us :lol::lol::lol::lol:

3. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

4. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Console Officer

Oh, I can clarify my position quite easily.

I'm far from scared of either Cloud or Nikki, I actually like both of them, along with a few other people on the forum and their posts variously interest and amuse me so why would I "pick on" either?

By comparison Neil I find an objectionable bigot (Also the idea that Neil is somehow an easy target is laughable, also FYI I'm generally one of the few people who will actually attempt to engage with Neil), Sammer is just generally rather irritating and your own Spaceman gimmick got tedious literally years ago.

Always the easy targets huh, remember Danny? Reznor? Simulant37? I have even disagreed openly and publicly with Cloud and Ant in the past, both individuals I now get on with but if I think you're being an arse I'll generally call you out on it.

Which reminds me. Spaceman, you're being an arse. You should stop.

Nikki the Great and Ant E like this.
  5. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Nikki the Great and Simonr1978 like this.
  6. Nikki the Great

Anyone that knows @Simonr1978 would know the idea of him being "scared of being picked on" is absolutely ridiculous :lol:

Cloud and Simonr1978 like this.
  7. Cloud

Cloud Flight Co-Ordinator

where is this trying to make @Simonr1978 against us come from? Simon is our pal, sure we poke fun at his love of fire but thats all in jest.

Nikki the Great and Simonr1978 like this.
  8. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

9. Sammer4Rimmer

Sammer4Rimmer Supply Officer

you think your'e simon cowell

Abe likes this.
  10. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Console Officer

I have never been an arse, but I will try my best in the future. :uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

11. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Console Officer

Go for it, considering the track record on this forum you're up against some pretty stiff opposition!

12. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

We need more round here!!!!

[​IMG]

sundayforsammy and Simonr1978 like this.
  13. Asclepius

Asclepius Console Officer

The Young Ones

Finally found time for this. It's really crazy, but sometimes funny.

14. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Quite a show, just finished my second watch of it. Really weird stuff.

15. Pembers

Pembers Console Officer

One of my favourites, of you enjoyed it check out Bottom Next, though if you can find it do Filthy Rich and Catflap in between.

16. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

What an interesting coincidence - I was just thinking about The Young Ones only last night. Specifically that bit (in the final episode of season 1 if I remember correctly) where Neil keeps hitting himself in the face with a frying pan and we never find out why he's doing it. The show is a zany, surreal masterpiece just bursting full of crazy ideas. I haven't actually watched it for quite a while and was thinking that maybe I should give it another watch sometime.

There are a few Red Dwarf links to the show: it's produced by Paul Jackson, and Norman Lovett and Chris Barrie make mini appearances in a couple of episodes, as does Lee Cornes (Paranoia).

And yes I'd recommend checking out Bottom too. It's very different but with some of the same zany humour of The Young Ones.

17. BozBoo

BozBoo Console Officer

After Life season 2 Ep 3 - Not bad so far. Quite funny and moving.

Community season 2 ep 3 - Love coming back to this show. Possibly one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Gangs of London Episode 2 - Brutal stuntwork. Good so far.

18. Nikki the Great

The Young Ones was my favourite when I was about 14 (it was being repeated on bbc2 in the late 90's). I had a few episodes that I recorded and watched them a lot. My favourite episode was the last one and I can still quote the whole thing today, which I discovered when I recently rewatched it all, having not seen it since I was a teenager. It's been said many times and I would have to agree that I have an excellent memory. But enough about me, this show is great. However I never really liked Bottom.

19. Asclepius

Asclepius Console Officer

Yes, the mentions by Paul Jackson and Ed Bye in the live commentaries were the last impulse that made me watch it.
    It's on Youtube, so I might check it too.

20. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I used to find the show a mind-blowing experience when I first watched it. There was so much going on, so much zaniness, surrealism and creativity in just thirty minutes. The only parts I didn't like were when Alexie Sayle would make his appearance. I like him normally, but always felt like the show was on pause whenever he doing his act in The Young Ones and I couldn't wait for him to get off the screen. It's a shame there were only twelve Young Ones episodes in total. I've seen them all so often that I fear there would be nothing left to surprise me if I watched the show again.

As for Bottom, I liked it but not in the way I liked The Young Ones. It didn't have the same imagination as that earlier show and perhaps a bit too much of its mean-spiritedness.

Nikki the Great likes this.