TV Shows You've Seen Recently

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by Bluey, May 6, 2017.

1. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Pointless Celebrities

I watched this on iPlayer after seeing the article about Danny John-Jules on the main page. I even got a final round pointless answer for artists that have had a top 40 single with 'Happy' in the title: Ned's Atomic Dustbin.

2. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

Storage Wars. Whilst I do enjoy this, I would not object to seeing Dave Hester buried up to his neck in sand with his head smeared in jam.

3. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

Taskmaster Series 6 Episode 1, good line-up and a good start. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Plebs Series 4 Episode 4. Davus is back! (Albeit in a fairly limited role) And Aisling Bea as Minerva (Still love the "Dignity Intact" Dance from the last series of Taskmaster). Between her, Delores O'Riordan and Kirsty McColl, I think I have to accept that I may have a bit of a thing for Irish accents though. Hopefully though Bea wont pass anywhere near as early as either of the other two. :-(

Abe likes this.
  4. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

Poirot
    I saw only the end. I don't know, which episode was it. I just know Denis Lill (simulant captain/Death) played the guy, who got murdered.

5. Underdunn

Underdunn Supply Officer

I just watched an episode of Sky's god awful "Urban Myths" series... This one was a dramatized re-enactment of the Bill Grundy/Sex Pistols interview. And it was actually quite good!!!

Hey! I don't know if this is a Mandela Effect or what, but I've seen that interview God knows how many times over the years and I've always maintained that after Mister Rotten has been chastised for saying the dirty brown word, he responds by muttering "Oh alright, you're playing games." - which in the context makes complete sense.

HOWEVER, everyone else and their cat insists he says "Oh alright, Siegfried." - as indeed do all the transcripts of the interview you can find online! Which makes absolutely zero sense in the context... I mean, who the hell is Siegfried?!

I've checked it again now. I insist I'm right. Who is with me on this?

6. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

Been watching UFO Hunters on Blaze quite a bit lately. The older guy on this bugs me even more than Giorgio Tsoukalis who seems almost scientific in his approach by comparison. In the episodes I've watched, Bill Birnes has been involved in an "Investigation" where an assorted collection of desert scrap was considered evidence that a UFO shot down a light aircraft (Did they check for any equipment serial numbers? Check against engineering drawings for dimensions? Of course not, they basically just dragged up any metal tubing they found as "proof" of a plane crash) , he told a man that an undiagnosed blood disorder was because he was an Alien-Human hybrid (Something even his co-host took exception to telling him (not verbatim) "You can't say stuff like that!") and concluded that a small piece of metal removed from a person was proof of alien abduction since no-one present could prove that it wasn't an alien implant (This isn't even a case of absence of proof not being proof of absence, it's absence of proof being an assumption of something not necessarily related), even though IIRC the surgeon suggested that it was not unheard of for small pieces of metal to enter the body and move around it.

At least Tsoukalis and his co-presenters usually frame their observations as something of a hypothesis rather than necessarily a definitive conclusion. They'll often say things like "Isn't it possible they were extraterrestrials?" (Well yes, it's also possible they were Carebears possessed by Unicron partnered by Muffin the Mule, how likely either possibility is however is another matter) which is admittedly frequently disingenuous rather than giving an ill man a spurious diagnosis which I personally regard as highly unethical and objectionable.

At the very least, what he considers "Evidence" usually falls far below most reasonable thresholds.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  7. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

"I'm not saying it isn't aliens, but... it is aliens."

8. Eddiebadassdavis

Eddiebadassdavis Catering Officer Warned

I have rewatched some more Doctor Who
    On Netflix

9. Kittypaws

The Big Bang Theory

10. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

Your mum

Abe, Bluey and Underdunn like this.
  11. Underdunn

Underdunn Supply Officer

It doesn't even make sense!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::adore:

Nikki the Great likes this.
  12. Kittypaws

How I Met Your Mother..?

13. Underdunn

Underdunn Supply Officer

:eek: My Mother is a SAINT!!!! How dare you?! :sulk:

Abe and Nikki the Great like this.
  14. Kittypaws

You said it didn't make sense - I was trying to clarify it.

15. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

Which one is TV?

16. Underdunn

Underdunn Supply Officer

Well Ru Paul is one, but as far as I know he only has the one show.

This whole thread is very confusing tbh

Nikki the Great likes this.
  17. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

Bit like your mum then innit

Abe and Underdunn like this.
  18. Underdunn

Underdunn Supply Officer

Did you get yours a card this year?

[​IMG]

19. Nikki the Great