Teaser Trailer?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by simulant37, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

*sigh* I do keep having to correct ol talkie

2. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

you cant even correct yourself let alone me :lol:

3. AnnieMouse

AnnieMouse Second Technician

*can't

Sorry Talkie, but if you're going to pick on someone's spelling or grammar, you've got to make sure your own is beyond reproach.

4. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

I wasn't picking on his spelling or grammar i was picking on everything else about him :lol: ;-)

5. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

So do I!

6. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

So do I!

7. AnnieMouse

Ah! Forgive me, then. 8)

Yes, I really do hope that these aren't the "best" bits they've selected for the trailer...

8. RedDwarffan2982

RedDwarffan2982 First Technician

Well in my opinion I went to see the episode that is the last seen of the trailer (the card With the dreadlocks) and that was funny, but not my favorite part of the episode, it gets so much funnier! :-D

9. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Honestly those these aren't even full jokes we are seeing but rather fragments of them with no context to the story or even then scenes they belong to, as such we are getting no buildup or pay off. Having said that I think that was the point, they don't want us to know what this stuff is about so's that hit September (or maybe even October) it won't be spoiled. Will the season be funny? I have no idea because this trailer didn't give a great deal to go on.

10. Slainmonkey

Sorry to double post but it's not like pre-series 7 episodes of Red Dwarf had no slapstick, I mean pretty much half the jokes in the episode Legion was slapstick, however when it was all in context it all seemed to come together pretty well, however I can think of a many number of things that wouldn't look as good in brief snippets of scenes with no context.

11. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Also bear in mind, Dave are showing something each Friday. They might not all be trailers, (I.e there might be behind the scenes stuff included for all we know) I think it's safe to say there will be other footage snippets. As such they're going to want to piece it out, particularly if they don't want to spoil too much!

12. Slainmonkey

It's been clear from the get go they don't wanna spoil too much. Also the they wanted to clearly format the trailer to make it look fast paced without giving much of anything away......not an easy thing to do. The write-up on G&T said they felt that the trailer didn't do what they had scene justice in the way it was thrown together without any context......from what I did see, I was happy about the portrayal of Cat.

13. Seymour_Clufley

Seymour_Clufley First Technician

Not necessarily. That implies that you would only correct someone's spelling/grammar out of spite, rather than to be helpful.

14. Diet_coke

Bully.

15. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

I've been closely following Series X's production, but it wasn't until this teaser that I started getting really excited. And front-heavy though it may be, I love the shape of the new Dwarf.

16. AnnieMouse

True, but the way it was written seemed to be done in a taunting manner. I obviously mis-read.

Anyway.

Very much looking forward to the rest of the teaser stuff that Dave will give us - and curious as to how the trailer(s) will hold up against the actual content of the episodes. Squeeeeeeee!

17. Diet_coke

It was a taunting manner, He is one mean guy that talkie

18. Slainmonkey

I know right? Always asking if you want toast after you already said that you didn't want any.

19. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I think it looks sublime in the long distance shot with Blue Midget. It's already gone down as one of my favourite external shots in all ten series.

20. Cloud

Cloud Flight Co-Ordinator

That trailer turned me on so much I watched it, then took all my clothes off and watched it again.