Teaser Trailer?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by simulant37, Jun 16, 2012.

1. the last Mr Frosty

the last Mr Frosty Science Officer

Agreed!!

2. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

now harry has voiced his appinion im starting to think series X will be terrible :shock:

3. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

Well, I've read some of ur posts about series X and I often smell a hint of negtavity towards it all, and listen its not good etiquette on a red dwarf board where people want to show support for the show.

4. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

people/fans are allowed to have each to there own personal view harry, while your response just seemed like an obvious no thought quick fire harry reply :roll: ;-)

no real suprises

5. Diet_coke

Maybe quick fire yes, but sometimes the obvious can be Overlooked as people dissect these things to pieces. Sometimes the obvious needs to be said to serve a reminder.

6. the last Mr Frosty

the last Mr Frosty Science Officer

There's some truley arrognant fans on here tonight!!

7. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

there is no obvious for a 48 sec trailer, its all speculation, while you have stated nothing to given any evidence within reasons, likings or negatives for your quick fire response, so in the end its just a typical harry response

8. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Its not a very funny joke to accuse someone of fraudulently creating a second persona. Again, prove it or stop mentioning it!

9. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Chill out, I doubt you'll be winning anyone over by calling people arrogant after what was clearly a joke. Sorry that someone said on here hurt your feelings but seriously keep draging it back up won't resolve anything and kinda muddies the mood of excitement that should be surrounding the trailer.

10. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Okay but don't shoot the guy who never said that in the first place

11. Holly_Hilly

Holly_Hilly Third Technician

I did laugh out loud at the idea of Lister having gambled away Rimmer in a game of poker. I assume he was playing with a GELF of some kind and hologramatic light bees are quite valuable on the intergalactic black market, but the sheer fact that he has such a casual disregard for Rimmer that he can gamble him away like he's an object is something I find incredibly funny.

12. adorabelle

adorabelle Console Officer

This is a great review and one I tottaly agree with! I'm really excited for the series now - eeep!

13. Diet_coke

I agree, the poker part was for me the most encouraging bit, and I'm looking forward to watching the story that may go with it.

14. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

You two are so alike it's frightening. Are you sure you both weren't separated at birth?

15. Pecospete666

Pecospete666 Catering Officer

I thought poker game gag was good

16. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

i agree cats line after kryten tells rimmer about the poker game was funny and old school cat which is great

but if it had to nitpik id say the part where kryten is throwing his arms around seemed abit series 8'ish for some reason, but then again its out of context

17. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I've watched it a few times now, and here are my thoughts:

• Kryten's mask is a bit wrong, as others have noted. The mouth and nose are odd. Same goes with those shoulder rings, which appear to stick out too much. But I'm sure it's something we'll all get used to in no time.
    • I liked Kryten's speech at the beginning. I didn't quite laugh, but it made me smile. And how nice to hear a studio audience again after the silence of Back To Earth.
    • The picture quality is very good. The series appears to be a bit cinematic-looking like Back To Earth.
    • I've no idea what Kryten was up to at 0:22, but it unfortunately reminded me of his over-the-top antics of series 7 and 8.
    • Apart from the above, the acting looks great from the bits we see. It's just a pity that Rimmer gets no lines in the trailer.
    • It's always great to see Danny doing his series 1 and 2 cattiness.
    • Danny's line 'apart from me and him and him' was also a very Cat-like thing to say and could easily have been from series 1 to 6.
    • The Red Dwarf model looks marvellous.
    • Nice to see a Blue Midget. Only last night I was wondering if we'd see one in this series.

Overall: The series is visually impressive and there's enough here to make me optimistic that we're going to see the best new Dwarf since 1993.

18. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

RECTUMfacedPYGMY Supply Officer

Looks promising indeed, But why didn't Rimmer have just one line? I was shocked when I saw Kryton though might grow on me. The Red Dwarf model looks superb.

19. codename_47

codename_47 First Technician

Hey guys, new RD material finally, stop fighting and lets analyse it to obsessive-compulsive high heaven like the true Dwarf Dibbleys we are!
    You're wasting time debating the boring stuff, like if its the middle of the month...sheeeeesh...WHO CARES?
    One of you just let the other have the last word and their smug self satisfaction about getting said thing and get on with it.

...ANYYYY...WAYYY :-p

I don't understand where people are getting on their anti-CGI bandwagon again when the composition between the two (admittedly good looking..) model shots there is a bit ropey.

Once again CGI is getting a needless bashing, if RD could afford to film the already existing model then compose the rest of the shots with CGI they'd have something looking pretty spectacular.
    Lets face it though, they would not be able to afford (or have the time to) to design, build and film models of every ship, planet, space matter and other episode related special effect element, so CGI is going to be used in series ten and you're all going to have to get over it.
    CGI at 2012 levels, even on RD's limited budget, is going to look better than CGI from the Nineties, so can we quit with the sheep logic of "CGI was used in some of the lesser quality series so all of it has to be universally bad" please?

Rant over, my opinion of the trailer is that its an interesting one, it seems to be more concerned with fan matters (showing the Cat being Cat, look! Here's blue midget) and avoiding spoilers than selling the series on its humour, which I would prefer.
    I know its asking a lot for a 45 second trailer but I'd prefer that the series funniest jokes were featured above anything else, because, CGI/model, look of the makeup, actors age, heck even quality of the plot, they all fall by the wayside so long as you're laughing yourself silly every minute or so!

But then, maybe the funniest things in this series are spoilers, or require more context than a 20 second trailer will allow, don't mean this to come off as negative as it sounds, don't wanna be lumped in with all the naysayers now, I am excited for the new series, no question!

One thing that struck me was: All those screens around, no floating head to sit upon them *sigh*

Also, the episode with the dreadlocks seems to be the same one as the first publicity photo was taken from as he is holding the same brown jar that can be seen on the table as he opens his card.
    Though the fathers day card does trouble me a bit, I don't want the series to get bogged down in its own backhistory like that.
    No casual fan is going to remember either it being explained that Lister is his own Father (from one of the worst ever episodes, natch) or a detail from 1988 about him giving birth to twin boys.
    This isn't 1980s Doctor Who so tied up in its own back story it alienates new fans, we need all the viewers we can get for series ten to ensure there are further series.

ITT we jump to massive conclusions based on 45 seconds of new footage, It's the dwarfer way! :lol:

20. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Fan-Smeggin'-Tastic!...seeing this trailer has cheered me up no end :-)

I do think Kryten's nose looks a little Freddy Krueger-esque, but I don't see it as a big issue really, the show looks awesome!...at least from what I can tell on this smeggin tiny phone's screen.

The slime's coming home! :-D