Series VIII to Back to Earth

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by hunte_c, Apr 12, 2009.

1. hunte_c

hunte_c Skutter

Hi,

Could someone please link the last series to this as i can`t remember what happened at the end of series VIII. I remember Rimmer being alive again and now he`s a hologram. I don`t want war and pace, just a quick catch up.

Cheers

2. currymonster

currymonster First Technician

we're not quite sure ourselves!

Last we saw was Rimmer kneeing death in the balls and the ship was destroyed around him. The rest of the crew were trapped in a mirror universe trying to get an antidote for the virus eatting the ship! Thats it!

But as I suspected, and as was more or less confirmed last night, the next series of RD will be a prequal to this, set between series 8 and BTE so should help bridge the 2 better

3. SamTatr

SamTatr Skutter

BTE isnt a follow on to Series VII. It is a follow on to series X which our dimension hasn't seen yet. This hopefully means that we will get a Series X and maybe a Series IX.

Sam

4. slappyslack

slappyslack Third Technician

yeah i thought that the crew went into the mirror universe just before rimmer came out but we didnt actually see them go in did we??

and i think you're right about the prequel bridging the gap

tbh i think BTE is a small budgeted tester to see if RD is still popular and to make enough money to do another series!

5. grownsomuch09

grownsomuch09 Third Technician

the Red Dwarf went through the same thing as it did in the very first series. Inbetween series 8 and this Special....drum roll please....there was series 9 & 10. Now this is something like a fairy~tail to us...you just have to believe... Nothing makes sense ~ maybe the dwarfers will never get back to Red Dwarf ~ and since they can't do any acting cause they are on tv ~ there will be no more t.v. series....

..but what the heck, How can they think that they are not real? They're real now, out of the t.v. set. Find the creator..hmm, why don't you try asking the camera man filming you right now, I bet he knows where to look, lol! Too confusing..going too bed. We are all lost. Gotta wait for tomorrow...I can't believe they were shooting for 2 episodes only, dang...why they did make this a special..and not a tv movie special, know one will ever no...this deserves at least a 3 parter like "LOTR"...lol! k, maybe not that long, but really could use some good story development like that.

6. hunte_c

hunte_c Skutter

Ok, that answers the question, thx.

I didn`t know that a series 9 was going to be made. Is this official?

I do think that the reason for this B2E is to check the popularity of it and its good to see the crew all come back.

Would Craig Charles need to give up his role in Coronation Street??? I think he`s probably hoping he can ;-)