Rimmer Outfit

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by PudForever, Jan 13, 2012.

1. PudForever

PudForever Third Technician

Looks like series x Rimmer is going to be in the same BTE shiny blue outfit. What was everyone's faveourite outfit of Rimmers? I really liked the uniform from the first couple of series, I also liked the green one too.

Edit: Just noticed the green too! :-D

2. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

Maybe....maybe not. Not sure where you've heard/seen that...Have I missed an official photo release? :shock:

As for my favourite.....I'm a Series 1 and 2 fan. I liked to see Lister and Rimmer in costumes that looked so similar, but also so very different. Rimmer with top buttons fastened and tie. Lister with shirt open creased and untucked with a stained Teeshirt underneath

3. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

think they are going from this picture

[​IMG]

4. PudForever

PudForever Third Technician

Main Page, sneaky photos of costumes:

http://reddwarf.co.uk/news/2012/01/13/more-new-photos-and-video-too/

5. ori-STUDFARM

Maybe.....maybe not :-)

As somebody who has seen the RDX Rimmer outfit, I could tell you....but then I'd have to kill you.....and then the Red Dwarf community would kill me.......then Dave would kill the live audience experience.......;-)

6. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

This strikes me as just a poorly disguised "I've seen a new episode and he doesn't wear that blue uniform throughout".

7. ori-STUDFARM

Unless it's a cleverly disguised "I've seen an episode and he does wear that blue uniform throughout"

I can hand on heart say that, regardless of what was posted by Pud about uniforms, I would have answered "maybe yes, maybe no" :-)

8. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I share your fondness for the series 1 and 2 uniform, but my favourite is the blue one from series 6 and 7. Rimmer just seems to really suit that colour.

9. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

does no one notice the green padded outfit in the picture?

10. ori-STUDFARM

I did at the time....but I think it seems a bit dated now. I wouldn't want to see a return

11. mophead241

mophead241 Catering Officer

My fave are 1 & 2, like blue too though. Not so into green or red, although they are good too.

12. gem5ie

gem5ie Catering Officer

I like me a bit of series 3 green. Preferably the "T-shirt and braces" version...

13. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I did like the green suit at the time and was disappointed when it changed, but I think it looks awful now.

14. mophead241

mophead241 Catering Officer

That's what I think.

15. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Haha I'm saying nothing in fear it may be misconstued in some way.. ;-)

...I did always like the original outfits though, as well as the green series 3 one. But it's possible that may be in part down to those being the series' that got me hooked, so there could be some unintentional biased...ness going on there.

The only Rimmer outfit i was never too keen on was the big puffy quilted blue one (series 5?, or was it 6?, yeah 6.. i think) But over all i have no major problems with any of them really. And of course i love the new luminus pink one ;-)

16. longusernamebecausetheforumwantsone

longusernamebecausetheforumwantsone Second Technician

Surprised I'm the only one that likes the series 5 red version of the series 3/4/5 green uniform. Shiny red = best ever. Runner up would be the puffy blue one from series 6 and 7.

The shiny blue one from Back To Earth that appears very similar to the shiny red and green of earlier series would have been kinda cool about 10 or 15 years ago, but I don't think it does justice to Barrie's figure anymore. It looks somewhat awkward on him these days. For that reason, even though my favorite is shiny red, I wouldn't want to see it make a return.

I think the best choice for Barrie these days, by far, would be the puffy blue from series 6 and 7.

17. ori-STUDFARM

Must admit, I always loved the shimmering costumes that change colour in the different lighting....

18. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Ah yes, the lighting sure has been effective in that way at times hasn't it?. It's interesting the way Kryten's costume has been effected that way in certain series too. More so than in others. In series 7 it sometimes loooks black, while in full daylight it's seemingly bright silver.

19. ori-STUDFARM

You just named my least favourite Kryten outfit....although, in fairness, there's not much in it.....you know. Season to season

20. codename_47

codename_47 First Technician

I thought it was always cool when Rimmer would alternate (Green from series 1-4, then changes to red bar an ep or two in series 5. Then Blue when he goes hard light bar the times he was soft light usually for a plot point. THEN there's that odd publicity shot for series 7 when he's in the cockpit with the crew (including Kochanski) in his red uniform even though he never wore his red uniform that series....never did work out why that was!)

I had a theory when I was younger that he would appear in Green when he was fully charged and it'd changed to red when he only had say 3 hours of battery life left (enough time for him to pop his light be in the recharge socket hopefully!) but there's no real logistical way of proving that.
    Still a nice idea though....