Red Dwarf Blu Rays

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by SweatyChimpBoy, Jan 30, 2018.

1. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

I haven’t received mine yet too. It is over 6 weeks now and I’m getting a bit fed up of the wait so hope something will arrive soon. Suppose I’ll just have to be patient for some more time.

sundayforsammy likes this.
  2. Chooky88

Chooky88 Third Technician

Zavvi Zavvi Zavvi, what a bunch of twonks. Amazon won't ship to Australia and Zavvi will ship but packaged so poorly in thin sliughtly buble wrapped paper they will arrive smashed to pieces in a torn envelope. After hours of communication and emails to Zavvi they proved as useless as waterproof toilet paper, letter to Australia Post and a full report to the bank my bank refunded my Money. Only then did Zavvi call me to confirm I wasn't committing fraud. Then they thanked me for my time and hung up. No replacement offer, no discount nothing. I can't speak low enough about Zavvi.

My only problem is I can't get the Blue Rays in Australia. Come on Doug or Amazon. Share the ,love with the rest of the world please and let fans outside the UK or US but the blue rays.

3. Asclepius

Asclepius Console Officer

You can try the japanese ones. Maybe they'll be better.

4. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Console Officer

Still no sign of my replacement disks, I'm sure they will arrive one day but I have a box set to watch that I don't want to start until I know the good disks will arrive.

5. Clarence

Clarence First Technician

I haven’t bought the discs yet as wondering if the new ones will have been issued to retailers or if I would end up buying the bad ones? Are the replacement ones available with the collection from any known retailers?

6. dibbleysmeghead

dibbleysmeghead Second Technician

Just fired off my email requesting replacement discs, will report back when I get them.

This is a tough one as I assume there's no difference in the item/sku code as far as retailers are concerned. If retailers bought a bunch of stock on release they'll presumably be dispatching that stock first so a bit of a gamble. If you did get an older set at least the beeb are replacing discs.

7. Clarence

I notice the Beeb are not selling them directly on their shop site. https://shop.bbc.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Red+dwarf bit tricky knowing what to do.

8. UltraDevotee

I e-mailed the DVDSupport e-mail address last Tuesday and they stated in their reply that they are approximately 4 weeks away from having the replacement discs available and then shipment will take place thereafter. So it is almost a week on exactly so maybe if we are lucky us Dwarfers will start to receive them in 3-4 weeks perhaps. I'm glad I asked for an update as we have been waiting a fair time now and although it was all the way back to January 14th that a lot of us received bad series 3 and 5 discs in the original release, at least it looks like they are getting it right in the end.

I remember my previous Dwarfathon before this year's one was a summer 2015 one, so for this mini 3/5 Dwarfathon it will be fun to watch in the summer again. It's a shame they didn't notice the fault in QC but as long as they get it right in the end and obviously those who have requested the discs are getting them for free then fair enough.

9. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Who are you??

10. sundayforsammy

Well it has now been 11 weeks since I got a message from the BBC about the replacement disks, 11 weeks ago they said it would be about 4 weeks for replacements to be sorted and begin shipping.

Big fail.

I understand it can take some time for smeg to work out but, well, why not just say you will be informed when...….. rather than sayin 4 weeks and disappointing people. I have been putting off watching MY box set until the replacements are here. :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

UltraDevotee, Asclepius and Ant E like this.
  11. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

My dear fellow I understand completely. About five years ago I won a raffle in a Manchester meet up. Did I ever get sent the prize?! Did I bollox!

12. sundayforsammy

Well yes indeed, I remember nearly spending money on a train and overnight stay in Manchester for a Red Dwarf meet up, from all accounts it turned out to be a cup of coffee in a café that even the café wasn't told about. What a waste of money that would have been. If I had wasted money on that 'event' I would have been F-F-Furious. Wasn't it advertised that Robert Lew was going to attend as well. What a joke !! I never even seen the promised video of the event.

Nikki the Great and Ant E like this.
  13. sundayforsammy

Spongers beware, as Sammy doesn't react kindly to anyone who only just takes, and just wants to keep on taking. :shake::shake::shake:

Ant E likes this.
  14. Dave_B_Phillps

Dave_B_Phillps First Technician

ill see what i can do

Pembers likes this.
  15. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

16. sundayforsammy

WHERE ARE MY REPLACEMENT BLU RAYS? DAMMED BBC AR SOOOOOOOO SLO.

Asclepius and UltraDevotee like this.
  17. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

They've gone the same way as the Red Dwarf movie.

UltraDevotee and sundayforsammy like this.
  18. Clarence

I am not buying a blu ray set until they sort this out.

19. UltraDevotee

Well in my last post regarding the replacement discs I made a couple of excuses really. Well now I am not really satisfied with the way this is being handled. Last post in early May I mentioned how I had asked the BBC DVD Support for an update and they reckoned they were approx. 4 weeks away from getting the good discs and then shipment will take place soon after. Well that last e-mail I received from them was on 7th May and this is now the 17th June which is around 6 weeks on.

So I was kind of hoping we would all start receiving them by now. I suppose to be slightly fair the key word is “approx” but still this is taking way too long now.

A lot of us bought this box set in the peak of winter - and although the weather isn’t matching - this is now the summer and the faulty discs have still not been replaced.

But what has frustrated me further is I e-mailed the BBC DVD Support in the early afternoon of today for another update and still I have not received a reply. True, maybe I will get one tomorrow but what concerns me is all my other replies were almost immediately. If I don’t get a reply I must really hope that means they are going to be delivered soon but really that sounds like I am clutching at straws possibly as no response now sounds like bad news ultimately.

TBH, I don’t want to castigate the BBC as I am still hopeful that we will all have these faulty discs replaced eventually and it is good of them to do this but I just feel I have to echo you sundayforsammy in that telling us all the time that they will be released in 4 weeks is not really good. Like you say, it would be much better to tell us it will be a few months rather than raising our hopes up and dashing them all the time. After all eventually Doug said the Blu-ray box set was initially delayed 3 months from October to January and although I was disappointed that sounded better for him to be honest that it was going to be fairly longer.

Bottom line though, really this error with the series 3 and half of series 5 episodes should have been detected in QC and the original release of the box set back in January - although it would have admittedly greatly disappointed me - should have been delayed until it was perfect and that would have been the superior way to handle this.

Still maybe I will get a reply from the DVD Support e-mail address soon but because the previous ones were so speedy I am not sure. As long as this gets completed in the end I will be ultimately satisfied with BBC but it is taking so long and is trying the patience of a saint at the moment.

Sorry this has been a bit of a rant but you never know maybe they have not replied because they are being delivered some day this week...I can dream can’t I?

Still in the meantime, I will have to continue to bask in the glory of my team’s Champions League win and first trophy in 7 years and hopefully enjoy The Crystal Maze on Friday! Sorry to go off topic btw...

20. UltraDevotee

I also feel sorry for you that you have not even watched any of the box set yet because you are understandably still waiting for the good discs. If you do get tempted to watch all the way through as there is still no sign of a resolution at the moment certainly, then although obviously the faulty episodes are still watchable they are not good enough at the moment and the second half of series 5 - which includes 2 of Red Dwarf’s most lauded episodes - looks a bit crappy compared to the sensational first half’s upscales.