Red Dwarf 13 confirmed?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by Titanbeing, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Nikki the Great likes this.
  2. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

I got all my info from the official RD twitter account and yes Rob Grant was at DJ on the final evening. It was the thirtieth anniversary one after all. If series 13 is to go ahead didn't Doug mention something about possibly some kind of role for Rob Grant in it?

I do love most of Doug's solo RD with some exceptions of course but to have Rob Grant back on board would be great. I think though if I remember correctly if you read between the lines it was implied by Doug that Rob Grant may not necessarily be back in a writing capacity. Have I remembered this correctly from what Doug mentioned earlier this year because it really seems very unprecedented for him to finally return?

Still just have to wait and see...

3. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

I suppose like you say Dimension Jump was created by the official Red Dwarf Fan Club I think and is not actually part of Grant-Naylor productions anyway so really the commission should go ahead before the next DJ if the issues can be resolved given that logic. And like I said, I agree with Craig that they need to get to work on it as soon as possible.

So hopefully Doug will be right and the issues can be sorted out as fast as possible and a commission not too long away.

I suppose although I understand that DJ and Grant Naylor productions/Dave are independent you can maybe understand why I was a little concerned because the previous three series commissions were all announced at DJ.

Still like you say given the logic that DJ is ultimately separate I really hope to see a commission as soon as possible, latest by early next year otherwise it really is looking like it will be another 4 year hiatus that really can be ill afforded now especially if there is to be a live show, maybe even a movie also.

So fingers crossed there is hopefully some great news in the not too distant future.

4. Carrie TORDFC

Carrie TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

TORDFC/DJ and GNP have no official ties. Any announcement of new series of Red Dwarf has zero to do with DJ's timings. If they correlate then that's great. But one is not dependant on the other. We have nothing to do with commissioning or affiliated announcements.

sundayforsammy and Asclepius like this.