Randonautica!

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by Nikki the Great, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Flight Co-Ordinator

Has anyone heard of this? It's the coolest thing ever!

You download the Randonautica app (which is free) and, to cut a long story short, you think of an intent and the app gives you some random coordinates nearby to go to and you will see whatever you intended to see.

Maybe you heard on the news about the teenagers that discovered the body parts in a suitcase whilst Randonauticaing. Here's some more info on that and the app: https://www.insider.com/new-randona...s-are-usually-around-a-10-minute-drive-away-5

So maybe don't set your intention/goal to "find a suitcase with bodies inside it", ok?

As soon as I found out about this I was all up in @Underdunn's face like "OMG WE HAVE TO DO THIS!" and he agreed, so we tested it out just now. Our intent was "spooky" and we got the coordinates...to someone's house nearby :/

Well we went there and got a bit lost cos it was a weird residential area. It was already a bit creepy looking cos it was kinda like those old nuclear testing house set up things. When we eventually found the house and pulled up outside, we realised we'd followed the occupants in the turning for the housing complex as the exact same car was sitting outside. If we hadn't have got lost in the first place, this wouldn't have happened (woooooo spooky). There was a weird statue next door on the doorstep of life size victorian children which was also woooooo spooky. ALSO there was a piece of paper on the garden of the house, but nah we didn't go and pick it up or read it or whatever hahaha.

So yeah, that was our first experiment with this. I will continue to share our adventures and encourage you all to do the same please. Who knows, we might finally locate @Tex_Rimmer and @kry102001's secret bunker.

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I don't think this is something that I'm going to try. But I found your mini adventure above an interesting read and I'm looking forward to reading more.

Pembers likes this.
  3. Nikki the Great

:sulk: but also thanks

4. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

When is your and @Underdunn's next adventure going to take place?

5. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

Now.

Nikki the Great likes this.
  6. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I would like updates every couple of minutes.

7. Asclepius

Asclepius Console Officer

Have you already tried your goal to be "Tex Rimmer" (or "Tex Rimmer's foreskin")?

8. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

Tough luck, we're back now. We saw a magpie fly backwards and we found some quartz.

9. Nikki the Great

Also we brought the quartz home which some people have said not to do, so we'll probably get haunted now.

10. Nikki the Great

Went out again tonight and asked for cool stuff/a good sign. Got a sign saying "Hope" on it, a big golden moon and when we checked the pic, found the time it was taken was 11.11pm which is the "wishing time"!

11. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I still don't understand all this stuff so I'm having difficulty following, but it's still entertaining to read about your mini adventures. I'm going to have to have a proper read about this Randonautica stuff.

12. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

As far as I can tell it can work in two different ways depending on your own belief systems. Which is certainly very handy for myself and @Nikki the Great because she's a lot more open-minded about 'magic in the universe' than me, whilst I'm annoyingly cynical and insist the brain sees what it wants to see. Like I say, this thing rather cleverly allows both schools of thought to work with this.

Basically the app uses a quantum random number generator (a proper one, it actually sources it from here: http://qrng.anu.edu.au/) so unlike most comuterised random numbers (which are actually pulling from a string of programmed patterns) this one is genuinely random. It then converts these into co-ordinates within up to a 10,000 mile radius of your starting location.

What you are then supposed to do is focus on your 'intent' (ie what you want to find on your adventure) which can be as simple as wanting to see a cat or a certain colour, or it can be to find an answer to a specific question like "Should I take this job offer I just got?" or it can be completely generalised like "I want to see something cool!"

You then head off to the co-ordinates and take a look around where you end up and see if you can spot something that you can interpret as related to the 'intent' you were searching for... and the chances are, you will.

Why do you see it? Well if you believe in cosmic magic then you can intrepet this as the universe manifesting what you wanted. If you don't believe in such things, but you have even a cursory knowledge of psychology then you can interpret it is as having made yourself more accutely aware of your surroundings than you'd usually be in real life (where you wouldn't usually be looking around for coincidences) and you actually allow your subconcious to give you the answers you're looking for (like in that red dwarf episode 'entangled' i suppose). Either way it works... Plus on top of that you just get to find yourself going to places you'd never normally go to and seeing things you'd usually just ignore or walk straight past.

Bluey and Nikki the Great like this.
  13. Nikki the Great

Basically I am now Alice in Wonderland.

14. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

This afternoons adventure began with us choosing the intent of 'happiness'. As we approached our destination we saw an old CD had been stuck down the back of the street-sign and was poking out the top. We pulled the CD out and discovered it was titled 'euphoria'... :eek:

15. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Did you attempt to play the CD?

16. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

No, it's just some old dance album. I feel you're missing the quantum-point of all this!

17. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Well, it's all very entertaining stuff. And I look forward to reading more of your mini adventures.

18. Asclepius

Asclepius Console Officer

Why don't you just try it instead of sticking your nose in?

19. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

I pledge that in one year from today THIS exchange will feature on Ant's Old Post(s) of the day

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nikki the Great and Pembers like this.
  20. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Maybe I will try it, but right now I'm interested in what Nikki and Underdunn get up to on their mini adventures.