Paranormal experiences - have you had any?

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by jmc2000, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Pembers

Pembers Console Officer

A stretch to call this paranormal but this thread is probably the best place for it.

When I was about ten years old me and my best mate at the time Marc were doing that typical kid thing where you lay on the grass and look up at the clouds. Suddenly he directs my attention to a strange object in the sky. It was a perfectly round, small white dot, moving in perfect straight lines, back and forth, left and right etc, like a pacman almost. Then suddenly it just vanished.

This was 20 odd years ago so it wasn't a drone and the exact straight lines mean a balloon or aircraft are unlikely, I guess the most likely explanation is a satellite, but this was the middle of the day. Added to the weirdness in a possibly/probably unconnected event was just afterwards 2 military planes flew over, the first and last time I ever saw that happen in the area.

2. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Flight Co-Ordinator

Bumping for Halloween

Pembers likes this.
  3. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

I'm not sure if this counts or not, but back in 1994 myself and a couple of friends went to some woods to make a documentary and none of us have ever been seen again since.

Asclepius and Nikki the Great like this.
  4. Cloud

Cloud Flight Co-Ordinator

One time I put a load of talc in my anus. Then I farted and it puffed out like smoke. I was really drunk when I did this and thought it was a ghost. Does this count?

Asclepius and Nikki the Great like this.
  5. Nikki the Great

Shutup Josh :sulk:
    When I told you to get talc, I wasn't expecting this to happen. Though I feel I should have.

6. Cloud

How can you not have assumed this is what would happen. I got talc and in it went on my gooch and anus. my two favourite parts.

Nikki the Great likes this.
  7. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

Does this count?

[​IMG]

8. Cloud

thats too spooky. Reported.

9. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Console Officer

The one that springs to mind for me whenever this subject gets brought up. As a late pre-teen visiting my Grandmother in the North East, we went to visit what seemed at the time to be a random empty old house. As I went into the house with my parents and my nan I felt uncomfortable and very apprehensive, the hallway was empty except for a clock which had been mounted for years fell from the wall as I walked down the hall, I can remember noticing smoke marks coming out of what I think was the kitchen.

After the clock fell I froze and wouldn't go any further, eventually my parents let me go out and wait in the car. I only found out later that it was one of my great-grandfather's house, who apparently was not a nice guy at all, my mum went as far as saying she believed he killed my great-grandmother and used his experience as in the family undertakers to help uncover it (On my mother's side half her family were merchant mariners, half were a well established undertakers, we're talking pre-WW2 times though so it was a long time ago).

The paranormal explanation, favoured by my mother was that it was the spirit of my great-grandfather trying to warn or scare us off.

Rationally deconstructing it though, I was a child. Though I was used to moving homes, cold empty echoey old houses are going to seem intimidating and there had apparently been a not particularly damaging kitchen fire (Like a chip pan fire or something similar) fairly closely prior to the guy's death so whilst the smoke marks were not unexpected to the adults, they still would have looked worrying to me. On the clock falling, these days I'm not even 100% sure I can remember it happening. Might sound dumb, but whilst I can clearly remember being told it happened I'm not so certain now of my own recollections, but even ignoring the fallibility of 30+ year old human memory the question occurs of how my mum knew how solidly the clock was secured given that she'd not been there for decades, maybe it was a known weakness and the clock was prone to falling, maybe it was just coincidence, maybe there never even was a clock.

Perhaps most importantly though, I was probably picking up on subconscious cues from the adults present. My mum clearly disliked her grandfather and my nan had no love for her former father-in-law, I probably picked up on their discomfort and as I was a fairly sensitive boy reacted accordingly.

Closest thing I've directly experienced to anything paranormal. Whether it was the ghost of great-granddad trying to haunt me or just a scared kid in unfamiliar surroundings is a matter of interpretation.

10. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

Fires really run in the family for you don't they @Simonr1978 :lol:

11. Simonr1978

Please! The guy was an accidental amateur, I would have done a proper job.

(Or maybe that was the moment the old arsonist's spirit possessed me, you never know...)

Nikki the Great, Cloud and Underdunn like this.
  12. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Yes. My clock did something or other

13. Simonr1978

I always suspected I could affect your clock Ant.

Ant E likes this.
  14. Nikki the Great

My dad will effing twat all of your clocks

Ant E likes this.
  15. Cloud

Will he supply me with cheese as well?

16. Nikki the Great

Yes, but don't tell your mum or my mum or anyone's mum!

17. Cloud

Can I tell @Bluey's mum

18. Duke The Dumpster Droese

Duke The Dumpster Droese Second Technician

One time I thought I seen a ghost in the garbage. Turns out someone had just thrown out a bed sheet

19. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Who is this Duke person?

20. Nikki the Great

The hero YOU could have been! :sulk: