Once upon a tarantino

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold, Jul 28, 2019.

1. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Just watched tarantinos latest movie. Once upon a time in Hollywood. Enjoyed it and I can recommend it. I'm a big fan of his, and this, while far from the best, is one of his better efforts. Different from many of his movies, and the tate/Manson family background subplot and ending is both different and interesting. Of course there is lots of nods to old movies, and especially exploitation style movies that I love, as well as the usual tarantino foot fetishism. All in all, highly recommend.

2. Cloud

Cloud Flight Co-Ordinator

No one cares

Nikki the Great likes this.
  3. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Tarantino films. They sometimes manage to be entertaining despite being extremely pretentious. Pulp Fiction was good, and I loved the first Kill Bill movie - the second one not so much but it was a reasonable enough conclusion to the story. On the other hand, I tried watching The Hateful Eight a while back but I only managed to get about 40 minutes in before I decided to give up since the story just wasn't managing to grip me.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood intrigues me, and I'll certainly be giving it a watch when it becomes available on home media. I won't be going to the cinema to see it. I'll let you know what I thought of it when I get round to watching it.

4. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

Is it because there are people in the cinema or because of money?

5. neilold

neilold Science Officer

I kinda feel that way about tarantino to. I love kill bill pt 1, reservoir dogs, pulp fiction and deathproof, but don't like the hateful eight, which is too wordy and inglorious I found dull. Naturally, being such a fan of exploitation movies, I love most of his stuff. I'd love to see him do a pure horror movie to.

Once upon a time is quite different from most of his movies, there's more humour in it, and it's essentially a love letter to the end of the Hollywood golden era. there is virtually no story at all to it, but it doesn't suffer despite this, and there is some interesting depections of Hollywood stars, especially Bruce Lee. But I get your point about pretention, Tarantino is certainly the king of style over substance.

6. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

There are various reasons why I prefer to watch films at home. And certainly in this case I don't want to be going all the way there to see a film that I might not particularly like.

7. Sammer4Rimmer

Sammer4Rimmer Supply Officer

While watching this movie one film reviewer can’t help but to hold back tears at this beautiful piece of cinematography. The way that the main character Eric has a disability makes one pity his soul and consider the influence of this obstical on his life. The animation was a marvel, I felt immersed in the lives of all of the main characters and their alien companion. The casting overal was a key component to the beauty of this film. The love interest Courtney makes one feel just as the person in love with her Michael. After taking one look at Courtney you have immediate interest and a multitude of thoughts regarding her physical perfection. The producers of this filmed subtuley teased at some intertwining with products such as Coke, McDonald’s, and Skitles. The way these products were used were very humorous and enhanced enjoyment, as did the character of Courtney. Overall a wonderful movie, would recommend

8. Spaceman

Spaceman Supply Officer

This topic is spaceship Cloud!!!!! Absolutely spaceship!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

9. neilold

neilold Science Officer

What peas????