Official RDX air date discussion/speculation thread

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by PFMC84, Apr 13, 2012.

1. SoundableObject

SoundableObject Catering Officer

Doctor Who starts in late August. Red Dwarf will be starting just as Doctor Who will be finishing the five episode half series.

2. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Unfortunately, the otherwise-quite-good "Dave running the show on Friday nights up until the launch of RDX" theory has been somewhat scuppered by the fact that they stopped the double-bill repeat run after Series III ended! Oh well...

3. IoHouse

IoHouse First Technician

Whatever happens, I bet they wont show 7 and 8 in the run up, which blatantly pisses me off as 7 and 8 are part of RD history and they need to show all the series, not just 1-5 (I cant remember if they have even attempted to show 6) as otherwise new fans that Im sure they are trying to rope in wont have a complete history. Rant over.

4. PFMC84

PFMC84 Catering Officer

Any particular reason why they have stopped the double bills? I imagine they will show 7 and 8 during the run. Series 6 is being broadcast at the weekends at ungodly hours. Out Of Time was on at the weekend.

5. SoundableObject

During Euro 2012 they were airing quiz shows after the games ended. Presumably they thought Mock the Week and QI might have more of a crossover with football fans.

6. matty9896

matty9896 Third Technician

I say stick it on a Wednesday, as there's never anything else on then!

7. lewis1992

lewis1992 Third Technician

I hope it's not released mid-October because we were promised "late September"! :-( Good detective work, though!

8. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

By who? Who promised that?

Nobody connected to Red Dwarf has ever "promised" an air date for RDX.

9. rettuks

rettuks Skutter

At work at the mo so cant do the detective work, but I'm sure at the time RDX was announced, or shortly afterwards a possible air date of September 2012 was mentioned, but never confirmed.....

10. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Exactly. Lots of people have said "possible" dates. Lots of people have speculated. But nobody has ever "promised" a date, because a date has not yet been confirmed.

11. Ianjk78

Ianjk78 Second Technician

All I know is it's sometime in October, Doug Naylor hinted at it on Twitter!

That was a shocker about Doctor Who by the way, it was suppose to be autumn not late
    summer for better ratings

12. Ianjk78

All I know is it's sometime in October, Doug Naylor hinted at it on Twitter!

That was a shocker about Doctor Who by the way, it was suppose to be autumn not late
    summer for better ratings

13. SoundableObject

It aired a similar time last year and it did quite well. It means the BBC have Saturday night tea time drama for 27 weeks on the run (or possibly with a break at the start of the year) with Doctor Who, Merlin and then Doctor Who again.

14. Ianjk78

It was split last year wasn't it like april and late august? But they was saying definitely autumn this year to gain more viewers exactly the same reason for RD X but obviously they changed their mind here and it was a suprise with Doctor Who.