neilold is the notorious c

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold, Sep 7, 2017.

1. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Another one of my occasional horror or exploitation film reviews. This time give your heads a good shake back to the year 1980.

Today we're gonna look at 'the exterminator'. This movie was pure eighties exploitation. It was a vigilante movie, which were prevalent at the time. A genre influenced very much by the death wish movies, American street gang flicks, such as 'the warriors' and the italian 'polizo' genre (which is also a genre well worth exploring).

Robert ginty stars as a lone vigilante who is determined to seek justice for his crippled friend. The violence is frequent, uncompromising and realisitic, from both Ginty and the members he confronts,. not surprisingly, a conservative stance is liberally peppered thoughout the movie. The movie itself uses some great sreet backgrounds also. Some of the scenes in the film, were notoriously censored by the bbfc, and this really puts a dampener on things at times, try to see the U.S uncut if you can.

The sequel is also pretty good and is same old, same old. Ginty himself pretty much disappeared after the movies, which is kinda sad I guess, I miss that old flamethrower.

opinions?????

2. Cloud

Cloud Flight Co-Ordinator

Its good to see you are using the Horror thread as intended.

Ant E and Nikki the Great like this.
  3. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

This is ridiculous

4. neilold

neilold Science Officer

The first movie is definitely better than the first. You may also need to be at least tolerant of the genre to accept it's flaws, which is to say you have to give give a chance to a film that a lot of people will class as 'bad'!

5. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Doh!!!!