Live Audience

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by JWarna, Sep 6, 2011.

1. JWarna

JWarna Skutter

Craig Charles appeared on ITV this morning and was obviuosly talking about the fact that Coranation Street have kindly allowed for him to have some time from Coro to film the new series whilst then returning back to Coro after Red Dwarf filming is completed. He also explained in depth that the production crew were insistant on filming the new series in front of a live audience to give it the feel of the earlier series as opposed to the later series. He explained that it was more like learning to proform a proper play to give it the live feel in front of the audience. So judging by his dialogue regarding the matter it would appear it's a 'given' that the new series will indeed be proformed in front of a live audience. Now please excuse my ignorance on the matter, however my question is how would I go about getting to be part of the audience for the new series?

Cheers

2. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

it hasnt been officially comfirmed yet so you can't get tickets anywhere

3. JWarna

JWarna Skutter

Fair enuff skipper,

From what CC was saying ont telly he did emphasize the importance of them filming the new series in front of a live audience for the new series.

If and when it is oficially confirmed about a live audience would info appear on this website regarding been able to obtain tickets?

Just trying to get a heads up,

Thanks again

4. ben996

ben996 First Technician

great to hear, of bte had a live audience im sure it would have been better recieved

5. GuffyGuy

GuffyGuy Second Technician

I was just thinking the same thing!!! Will we have to go on something like applause store? Will it be advertised on the webboard? This is something a lot of Red Dwarf fans are gonna wanna know about in advance!!!

But then again...are Red Dwarf fans the best people to be in the audience? Perhaps it should be a more general crowd. Bear in mind that those watching the very first series wouldn't have known who the characters were!

Oooh. Thoughts, thoughts...

6. Stephen

Stephen Guest

I think it should be a mix of the general public and members of this board who've been registered before 2005 :P

7. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

This is a point I've been keen to stress. I don't think inviting along the super hardcore fanclub guys and girls who go to every conference and can't get enough of Chris Barrie singing the Rimmer Song or re-telling an anecdote are really the best way to gauge whether your material is as funny as you think it is.

8. GuffyGuy

I wholeheartedly agree. ;-)

...and I like it when people agree with me too ;-) ;-)

9. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

I've been misquoted! :P

10. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

I agree that populating the audience with hardcore fans is a bad idea. If we assume hardcore fans are the ones that will use the official website, it is evident the best people to perform the new series before are those who are likely to laugh rather than those most likely to sit whining about how rubbish the series is these days, which seems to be all we hear in these parts.

11. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

i doubt any hardcore red dwarf fans would get tickets to be in the audiance and then sit there whining, infact they will probably just be glad to be there

i think the fear is that hardcore fans will be so glad to be there that they will just laugh and cheer at everything, aka series 8 audiance

12. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

We don't want the audience to laugh at anything though. The audience shouldn't just be there to provide a laugh-track and mood, it should be used so the actors and production team can see what jokes are working and change, etc, accordingly.

Of course it's still not a perfect good gauge of humour as people are often more likely to laugh in those situations than they would when seeing the episode alone at home, but it provides some feed-back at least.

I agree that it shouldn't be just the hard-core fans in the audience though. Of course, even that fanbase contains quite a wide range of people; those like you say, who only like the 'old days' and those who will gobble up anything Dwarf... and plenty in between. I suppose I'm more of the latter. I like all the series, although I don't like everything they contain... if that makes sense.

A balance of fans who can relate to the continuity, and new folk to test how well it works for new viewers seems good to me.

Personally, I prefer to see the episodes in their finished state, but I wouldn't mind the experience of being in the audience for one episode or so.

13. GuffyGuy

You don't want them to laugh at anything. Oh the horror, the horror! Surely that defeats the point! ;-)

14. GuffyGuy

;-)

15. Cloud

Cloud Flight Co-Ordinator

A beard would be kinda hot.

16. ReflexReaction

ReflexReaction Third Technician

I would absolutely LOVE to be in the audience too. It was the FIRST thing that I thought of as soon as I read that it would be filmed infront of a live audience!

The funny thing is, I've always dreamed of watching the guys shoot a Red Dwarf episode. I was too young to go and watch once from a prior series, but now I'm firmly set in my mid-20s, I think that nothing will stop me from watching an episode in this series get filmed!

I really really want to, I just don't know how to go about getting it done...

Hopefully someone here will let squeek at some point soon.

F5
    F5
    F5
    F5
    F5

:-D

17. shireknight

shireknight Third Technician

Hmm not sure a live audience would work this time around, the old days were fine because there was no internet but nowadays the web would be full of storyline leaks the very same evening of filming and given the fact that what makes dwarf strong is it's storyline's I doubt the writers will want or even allow that to happen.

18. yeckel

yeckel Console Officer

The filming should absolutely be moved to the U.S., some kind of very rural and top-secret location where many residents don't have high speed internet. The kind of place that some go without phone lines...OH my, look at that. My town just happens to be perfect for the job! :-D

Ya'll could have a nice pancake breakfast at the fire hall while you are here! Then we'll go huckleberry picking and truffle hunting....if you play nice I just MAY be able to arrange a tour of a working dairy farm. Yeehaw!

*Perhaps a bit too many meds in the system* :?

19. backtoreality

backtoreality Supply Officer

:lol:
    Nice try but a great idea! I hate leaks myself and dived for the remote control when ads came on Dave last time with BtE just so I didn't see any of it. But it was impossible to not catch a glimpse of Carbug which I thought was cool but again would have preferred to have seen it for the first time when the writers had intended as a gag in the show...

20. yeckel

yeckel Console Officer

It is quite a predicament. Without the previews, would you see most films? I try to avoid them when it is a film that I want to see long before it is released.

Why can't they produce more teasers as to not give away the ending? Two lovers are separated by war...with they ever see each other again...dun dun dun (that was supposed to be suspenseful music)...CUT TO dramatic embrace later in life. :roll: