Last thing you regret buying

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by jmc2000, Sep 10, 2017.

1. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

A Brompton folding bicycle, cream-coloured. On my very first journey, I lost control of it and crashed into a lamp-post, breaking it in half. I'm still waiting for it to be fixed about a month later. Also, I hate the colour.

[​IMG]

2. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Yeah that's smeg

3. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Hehe I only just noticed sh i t gets turned into smeg

4. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

That looks horrid! lol

5. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

I always end up spending a lot of money on takeaways and things and then after wards when I am feeling fat I am like "why did I do that, I should have just had a chicken thing from the oven"

6. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

i'm sorry jmc, but i gotta ask, why did you buy it? i can understand your need for a bike, and you weren't to know it would break so easily, but why pick a colour you can't stand!

7. neilold

also i should add that i do have sympathy for you JMC. I don't mind regretting buying something so much if it's a cheap purchase. It's when its a pricey purchase, like your one, i really get annoyed

8. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

The reason I got a cream one is, I needed a folding bike, and someone offered to sell me a second-hand cream one for about 2/3rds price. I overlooked the colour to save money.

Ironically, after the cost of repairs, I will have spent so much on the thing I could have bought a shiny new one in my chosen colour!

9. neilold

Was ever thus!

10. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

Pop Tarts. Very disappointed.

jmc2000 likes this.
  11. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

12. PeeJayHarvey

PeeJayHarvey Supply Officer

Old Kent Road. Nobody ever lands on it.

PJH

Bluey and Ant E like this.
  13. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

A tube of E45 cream. I went to grab some Dove soap in the garage at the end of the road, and, when I got home, realised I'd picked up and paid for the wrong thing. I don't have a need for E45 cream, and still don't have any soap.

Abe and Asclepius like this.
  14. neilold

I like dove soap, I used to have bad psoriasis for a while, and I used it then, E45 isn't up to much usr for anything besides moisturising, certraben isn't bad, dovonex is good, a dozen sessions of intense uv treatment finally got the job done

15. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

I don't mind it - it's the only brand they carry - but I prefer the hard minerally soaps that smell really clean and are sometimes blue or some other colour.

I'd rather have a creamy white soap, though, than those really greasy Lush-style ones, that make it feel like you're trying to wash with a Toblerone or something.

16. neilold

yes, perhaps I should have said that I like dove because it moisturises more than regular soap. God I remember imperial leather, that used to suck every drop of moisture in your skin out, you were like a twig after using it. I dunno what lush is, not heard of that one

17. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

Imperial Leather Blue used to be my favourite.

18. Nikki the Great

The pink dove bar and pears soap always remind me of my grandparents. And it's relevant cos I actually regret buying my grandparents.

Abe, Asclepius and jmc2000 like this.
  19. neilold

lol! yes if only we could choose are families like we do our shopping nikki! I was talking about the imperial leather brown soap bars, rather than gels and that, which are doubtlessly better than the soap used to be. I was addicted to sucking soap bars as a kid, and my mum was always belting me for it.

Does anyone remember those heavy bars of green soap that were used for washing your clothes, rather than yourself ? They were straight brutal they were. Using it on your skin was like using sandpaper, and it got virtually no stains out as a clothing cleaner either. That's gotta be one old product that virtually nobody misses.

20. Nikki the Great

Ahem! So was I! Observe:[​IMG]
    And:
    [​IMG]
    Suck on those!