Interesting

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Flight Co-Ordinator

You missed the point. As I said, the policeman was trying to keep the peace and prevent a situation from occurring. And tbh Neil, it was this lot getting their knickers in a twist about people waving a Palestinian flag (which they bizarrely and mistakenly dubbed pro-terrorism) that sparked this in the first place. Overgrown babies. It's really very simple to grasp and I'm surprised you're unable to do so.

2. neilold

neilold Science Officer

I am able to grasp it, that'd why I have now condemmed them for daring to wave a flag. I Also see the sense in the copper not having an issue with the flags they were waving, but him having an issue with someone else doing so. What with flag waving being so dangerous for some and not others an all.

3. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

Do you know what this event was? Who the man in the video was? Why he was there and what information regarding his presence and intentions the police already knew in advance? Have you read the follow up story to For Britain’s eventual removal from the gala and what messages they sent out prior to their arrival? What they wanted to occur there that day and how they were going to achieve it? Do you know the ACTUAL context of ANY of this? Or are you happy watching one video and saying a nice man can’t just wave his flag like he wants?

Nikki the Great likes this.
  4. neilold

neilold Science Officer

I know that a man in this country is innocent till proven guilty. So if you can show me what crime he is commiting by flying that flag, or what proof that policeman has, assuming innocent until proven guilty that is, then I'll gladly retract anything I have said about the issue and that nice policeman.

5. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Console Officer

Can you show what crime he has been accused of committing? Again I will make the point that the stated purpose of the police in the UK is the prevention of crime. If no crime happens, the police are serving their purpose.

Please note that in any case the police do not have to prove anything in order to arrest someone, the burden of proof lies with the Crown Prosecution Service.

Nikki the Great likes this.
  6. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

That’s a no to my questions then is it? Fair enough. Well I do encourage you to research the back stories and agendas involved here, if you have a genuine interest beyond just wanting to cry about Britain going to hell in a handcart. Interestingly if you do, you’ll also find some of that evidence you were requesting whilst you were wildly circumnavigating my own questions! You’ll have to actually care about facts slightly beyond a surface knee-jerk level and check more than one source though. But that’s all.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Nikki the Great and Simonr1978 like this.
  7. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Ok show me what crime he is preventing from happening, and what facts he has to back that up

8. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Console Officer

We have done this already Neil. You don't want to believe it and that's fine, you don't want to hear anything from anyone that might add a bit of clarity to the situation or offer an explanation, that's also fine. So I'll leave you with your self induced, manufactured outrage. If you genuinely cannot see how and why this is could cause a problem, then I honestly worry about your apparent lack of basic situational awareness.

9. Nikki the Great

Why are you unable to research it yourself? @Underdunn gave you all you'd need to have a quick google.

That's the problem with you and these things Neil, you're way too quick to start shooting your mouth off without bothering to look into things yourself, then just deny it when others give you facts, or refuse to look into it any further.

Simonr1978 likes this.
  10. neilold

neilold Science Officer

What 'facts' am I missing out on then?

11. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

Well I believe the gentleman in the video is Jeff Wyatt - the deputy leader of the aforementioned far right group "For Britain". They had announced their intentions to interrupt the march taking place that day (The Durham Miners gala) because they believe that the trade unions in this country are complicit in the ongoing conspiracy to turn Europe into an Islamic state. They petitioned the council to hold their own march in exactly the same place on exactly the same date at exactly the same time and were, unsuprisingly, advised this might not be the most sensible course of action - as two completely opposing marches on top of each other could potentially lead to a teeeeensy bit of unrest...

Naturally this came as quite a shock to 'For Britain' who had never dreamed of there being any trouble that might generate some much needed headlines for their agenda. In fact so shocked were they by the suggestion that they then sent out messages via social media to other 'far right' organisations suggesting that their freedom of speech was being deliberately violated and therefore perhaps they should ALL go and have an 'unofficial' march instead? In the same place. On the same date. At the same time. Just like the official one they had petitioned for and been told not to do for the interests of their own safety.

Long story short, one completely innocuous and random member of the group (the deputy leader) - who had worn a nice 'For Britain' rosette, presumably just so his friends could recognise him (and never dreaming for a second that the police might spot it and help create a viral video for him) was stopped with some of the people he'd brought down there and told he couldn't go and march next to the trade unionists he'd come to accuse of secretly conspiring to turn our country into an Islamic State. Stunned at this incredibly surprising turn of events, Mr Wyatt declared - as the video rolled - "So your saying we can't fly a union flag in our own country?" - then uploaded that single segment of the whole entire affair to the 'For Britain' youtube channel under the title "Our union flag is banned!!" along with the accompanying (and one might suggest, misleading) description of what the event in question was... "A British summer gala".

But apologies if you already knew all this.

Simonr1978 and Nikki the Great like this.
  12. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Well now I know them. I must say i am shocked, nee, stunned, that the policeman took such action. I just hope nobody else ever dares protest or wave a flag.

13. Nikki the Great

^Nice editing. Just as well really, cos the post before that made you look like a right doofus.

14. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Well thanks for your unbiased and valued opinion

15. Nikki the Great

^That post made you look like a right doofus.

16. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Yes, so you just said, less than five minutes ago. You know editing and reposting a post about editing looking stupid less that five minutes later does, in itself, look the tiniest bit stupid.

17. Nikki the Great

I didn't edit it, I made a new post to call you a doofus again.

And now you look like a right doofus :lol:

18. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Well that makes all the difference then.
    :lol::lol::lol:

19. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

:picard:

I tell you what I'll do for you Neil - I'll give you precisely 31 days to see if you can utilise the same modern technology that led you to the original video, to uncover the actual details of the story behind the headline you found so interesting. If by August the 17th you still haven't managed then I'll come back, hold your hand and do it with you. How's that?

Simonr1978 and Nikki the Great like this.
  20. Nikki the Great

:picard: