I spit dejavu

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold, May 4, 2019.

1. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Waited pretty much most of my life for this film, and it turns out to be terrible. Utterly gutted. However, it was really weird to see Jim tavare of the comedy show and stand up in it as one of the hillbillies

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Thanks for sharing.

GavinFinner likes this.
  3. neilold

neilold Science Officer

You're very welcome

4. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

Is this I Spit On Your Grave?

5. neilold

neilold Science Officer

No, it's the recently released sequel to it. I spit on your grave dejavu. Of course the 1978 original is ultra important to many in the horror community, me included.

6. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

Ah. I see. Gotcha.

7. Sammer4Rimmer

Sammer4Rimmer Supply Officer

I can see what you mean to some degree neilold...I can only go for how I felt when I first saw the episode for the first time...as subsequent viewings cloud your judgement in knowing how it will end...

..I did feel sorry/had sympathy for Godfrey and how they built up this in the episode I think was done well, how he couldn't kill the mouse in the pantry and he set it free for example...it just highlighted how he was a gentle soul etc...I think Walker did speak up for Godfrey all be it a little in the shelter, and it was indeed the older characters that had more hostility towards Godfrey than the younger ones..

..I think they realised that however when they discovered what he did achieve in his 'medic' role in the war they misjudged him and ultimately the message I got was just because you cant be a 'fighting machine' doesn't mean you aren't brave....it does remain one of my favourite episodes and actually come to think about it there weren't that many laughs in it which just goes to show the strength of the characters and actors and the confidence in the writers...

8. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

9. neilold

neilold Science Officer

You're thinking of Fawlty towers

10. Sammer4Rimmer

Sammer4Rimmer Supply Officer

Which for you is the worst episode of dads army and why? for me it is the episode 'shooting pains' a week script and ridiculous attempts at subterfuge. I, as a whole, tend to think the black and white episodes are the weekest of the whole season, mind you there is some good ones amongst them. I'm not really surpised at this as sitcoms are often unstructred and rely on obvious jokes and week jokes due to an unestablished development of characters and background. Please try not to put 'they're all great'

views please

11. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Worst is the showing up of corporal Jones, for the stupidity of the test. Shooting pains is also pretty bad. The battle for Godfreys cottage is easily the best of the b and w episodes