Halloween movies

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by Nikki the Great, Oct 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Flight Co-Ordinator

Now that Neil is banned we can actually get a decent spoopy film thread going which can include proper intelligent and obscure horror, not just trash from the buy one get one free dvd bucket in co-op.

So anyway, my favourite is The Blair Witch Project. I often pay tribute to this film by getting lost innawoods and hanging out with a Mike lookalike.

I might think of more later, I dunno, I'm not really in the mood right now, ok bye (recommend your own)

Pembers likes this.
  2. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

Ghost-Watch is a favourite Halloween movie of mine. The acting lets it down in places, but it's very well put together, was pretty unique and original at the time and pre-dates all other ghost-shows and found-footage movies by nearly a decade.

Nikki the Great likes this.
  3. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

28 Days Later and its sequel 28 Weeks Later are both very good. But my favourite horror movie of all time is Candyman. The first one anyway - the sequels aren't all that great. The first Alien film is good, but I suppose everyone on the forum has already seen that one. I also think I must be one of the only people in the world that has never seen The Blair Witch Project.

Nikki the Great likes this.
  4. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Flight Co-Ordinator

The eldest daughter was a terrible actress. The concept etc was very good and a lot of people were convinced it was real at the time.

I got it very muddled with Edward Scissorhands as a kid though :/

Agree with the first two, but always thought Candyman was terrible and it's sequels were worse. I dunno, it was more like this guy wanted to woo you than actually do anything scary.

You should watch blair witch though. Although it is possible that it won't have the same impact now than it did when it first came out. It was presented as real, there were mock documentaries and missing person's appeals etc surrounding it.

I find that you have to have an active imagination to really appreciate it too, which is why a lot of people just brushed it off as crap - some people can only appreciate that something is scary if they can see it, whereas I think the unknown is far more terrifying. I'm not easily scared by anything visual in scary films though.

Along the same lines, I thought Ratters was terrifying. Though I don't know if you could count that as a horror film really.

Bluey likes this.
  5. Sammer4Rimmer

Sammer4Rimmer Supply Officer

As Red Dwarf is a growing show spanning over 20 yrs, The show is now worldwide and has even reached Down Under.

so this is how to watch Red Dwarf in Australia and i forgot to say that we have tons of DVD
    release so that is squared up.

1. Australian Broadcasting Corpration
    this is the original TV channel that broadcasts Red Dwarf from series I to XII when a new season comes the ABC will broadcast a new season for Red Dwarf.

[​IMG] 2. Cable package
    On the Australian cable network Foxtel they actullay air the show on the SCIFI themed channel SYFY, plus it is also on another Australian cable package called FetchTV.

[​IMG]
    3. VOD (Video on Demand)
    Yes i have heard that Red Dwarf is on the British Netflix, but i have known for sure
    that Red Dwarf is on a Streaming service which is an Australian equivalent of Netflix
    and its STAN i may have told you guys about it all the episodes from series I to XI which is kinda bad, not to forget ITUNES and Googleplay movies and TV.

anymore i have forgotten comment down below.