Evil deader

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Dead I'm afraid. He is no more.

Nikki the Great likes this.
  2. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

And should he live? Or should he have the machines switched off?

3. Cloud

Cloud Flight Co-Ordinator

I was under the impression that if you strike @kry102001 down he will come back more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Kittypaws and Nikki the Great like this.
  4. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

When are we having a meet up in his memory?

5. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I just watched Identity, @neilold. I can't say I was all that impressed I'm afraid. Modern horror movies aren't to my liking it seems.

As for figuring out the ending, @Underdunn, about halfway through it did pass through my mind that it might possibly be the child who was responsible - though Ray Liotta's character was my number one suspect.

6. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Well. I never said it was a great movie, but it was a time passer ok. Thanks for your input anyway

7. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

It was too much on the silly side for me. I just wish there were some more horrors out there with the intelligent writing of the original Candyman movie.

8. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Candyman was essentially a slasher rip off, and also a blatant rip off of the bloody Mary curse with psychological elements to it. I really don't see why you rate it so highly amongst horrors. Perhaps you can explain

9. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Have you seen triangle? That's a film that may interest you, or maybe something like the changeling

10. Kenneth Williams Diary

Kenneth Williams Diary Third Technician

[​IMG]

11. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

I know, right? It's certainly no Banana Splits.

12. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Flight Co-Ordinator

Why is everyone derailing this thread about kry10's missing person status?

13. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I don't know anything about either film (I haven't even heard of Triangle), but I'll have a read about them on the internet and see if they're worth my time.

14. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Candyman is more than just a slasher though - it's certainly nothing like Friday the 13th or Halloween for example. Apart from managing to effectively build up a brooding atmosphere, it goes in unexpected and unpredictable directions. It's usually pretty well regarded by horror fans as well so I don't know why you don't seem to like it, Neil.

15. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Yes read away, god help you should have an independent thought yourself on such a decision

16. neilold

neilold Science Officer

I do like it. I just don't think it's particularly above other horrors in terms of scares, blood or story. There is some cool stuff in it, especially when Todd suddenly appears behind the chair and tears the victim vertically with his hook. I guess it just doesn't mean as much to me as it does you. It's often a personal thing with horror movies

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  17. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

Oh it's considered a modern classic, rightfully so. I have no idea what a 'slasher ripoff' is anyway, the slasher is a subgenre, you can't rip off a subgenre you can only join it. And of course Candyman himself is an amalgamation of urban-legends, not just Bloody Mary - which is not only a deliberate choice but an actual plot-point, it's what the main character is researching!

18. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

Triangle's okay, sort of a horror version of groundhog day on an abandoned cruise ship, it's worth a watch.

I'd be stunned if you didn't like the Changeling, everybody does - even Neil apparently who is very vocal about not liking supernatural horror.

19. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Well I'll add them both to my 'to be watched' list. From what I've read online, The Changeling in particular sounds interesting - I always like haunted house stories (even terrible ones like The Haunting with Liam Neeson). I'll hopefully get round to watching them sometime over the next few weeks.

20. neilold

neilold Science Officer

You should adore the changeling the which is the stereotype scary horror movie of choice for (very) many. I suggest teaming it up with the sentinel. That should appeal to you also, plus it's got that seventies american surrealism going for it. Suspiria, may, I said, may, also be right up your alley. The original, not the remake. It's weird, spooooky and artistically odd enough for you to enjoy.