DVD's

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by SweatyChimpBoy, Nov 10, 2017.

1. SweatyChimpBoy

SweatyChimpBoy Second Technician

I recently got Series XI to add to my collection. Looking at my older ones of Series I-VI I can't help notice a distinct difference in quality.
    It's seems like these newer ones are rushed with thought put in to keep them consistent with our old collection.
    No DVD Collectors booklet which would have been a nice touch.
    And does anyone use the default cover side it comes with or does everyone flip them so they match the old ones? I don't see the point in the black covers...

2. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

I dont flip them because the fact that back to earth messes up the order. If you put back to Earth in with the rest it doesnt match, if you leave it till the end it goes from series 8 to 10. Drives me crazy

3. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

I live not in the UK so if I flipped mine they'd all be white and that's more consistent than the UK colors.

4. SweatyChimpBoy

SweatyChimpBoy Second Technician

Don't the people who design these DVD covers realise that we are all OCD freaks and we need it consistent and matching otherwise we can't function? It's like cruel and unusual punishment!!

FeeBee and BigOleDummy like this.
  5. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Planet Express Hdg, N. America , Earth, Sol System
    Yeah and I really miss the booklets in the newer DVD series 's too.

6. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I flipped X but no XI I go by the cover I like the most at the time. None of mine match anyway with 1-8 being the two volumes of Just the Shows and XI on Bluray. But if they did match I would be OCD with getting the DVDs like I do with certain other DVD collections that I'd started.

7. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

I haven't seen any mention of a steelbook for series XII. I hope there is one.