Dimension Jump XX - 2018

Discussion in 'RECRUITMENT CENTRE' started by Jo TORDFC, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Sold out!...too late for me to go this year :-(

2. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Oh wow I was expecting it to sell out quickly but not that quickly. Glad that I jumped in right away.

ClareGC likes this.
  3. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

I daren't turn up through fear of being accused of being a bully or a gang member

Abe, Cloud and Nikki the Great like this.
  4. BozBoo

BozBoo Deck Sergeant

Are you a Jet or a Shark?

5. starbug489

starbug489 Skutter

Will there be any single day passes sold at any point? Would love to attend but probably wouldn't be able to make the whole weekend.

6. ClareGC

ClareGC Catering Officer

They're not expecting to be selling any single day passes, as they've fully sold out of the 400 weekend passes, and 400 is the maximum the hotel can accommodate.

7. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Planet Express Hdg, N. America , Earth, Sol System
    Wow. Only 400? I would have thought they would have gotten bigger venue.

8. ClareGC

ClareGC Catering Officer

This is the first time, that I've heard of, that DJ's sold out quickly, so 400 passes were plenty for everyone who was keen to go. The last DJ was exceptionally good fun, extremely well organised, and at the same fabulous hotel, so I imagine everyone who bought tickets last year would be very keen to go again. On top of that, it's been well advertised at the time brand new episodes are showing. I'm guessing they'll look into a bigger venue for next time, although that would be harder to organise and the guest cast/crew would be asked to sign even more autographs :eek:

FeeBee likes this.
  9. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Is the only way to book the hotel via the phone line? The website mentioned a booking link after the 13th and so far I've seen nothing.I wouldn't be surprised it the hotel is already booked out already.

I'm going to have to work out what the international rate is before I call because I know it's not cheap from a mobile and for some reason I am having trouble getting the website to load. Can easily find the landline rates but not the mobile phone rates.

10. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

I booked a few days ago and they had only double rooms left then. I suspect they may now be fully booked.

11. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

However I'm sure there are other, cheaper hotels in the area.

12. ClareGC

ClareGC Catering Officer

All the rooms at the £95/night Red Dwarf rate have gone. The hotel still has rooms available, but at a very overpriced £212+ /night (as they price them as high as possible, for them to still sell out). Other nearby hotels, that are not yet in demand for those dates, might be around £50 /night or cheaper. It's best to book early to get the best price, especially if you want the room cancellable/pay on arrival.

Since some DJ attendees will have reserved a whole twin/double room for just themselves, some might arrange to share with a friend who also booked to half the cost, so they might then free up a room. You could ask the hotel if any of the Red Dwarf convention rooms become available again, if they will still be at the £95 rate.