did the actors look older?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by voo7hees, Jun 14, 2009.

1. voo7hees

voo7hees Third Technician

for me cat didn't look any different, krten didn't lok any different because of his costume, lister looked a little bit different on his face and rimmer it was just his hair but after ten years they kept their age and their humour.

2. sanja

sanja Supply Officer

How much I can see, they did get older naturaly, but they didn't change much.

3. telegramsam

telegramsam First Technician

I think Lister was just a little... rounder about the middle. :lol:

4. adorabelle

adorabelle Console Officer

I think apart from Robert (that costume is a blessing and a curse) they all looked older. This is not at all a bad thing though as the ageing fitted in with time structure (from what I understood, which may turn out to be very little!)
    Anway, none of their appearances were radically different so it all worked out fine and I think they still look good! :-D

5. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

Chris looked more wrinkled, Craig and Danny looked relatively unchanged (especially Danny), and Robert... if you looked you could see signs of age around his eyes, but that was all. Only natural after time, and to be frank it would be weird if they all looked the same. It was nine years later after all, or so the caption would have us believe.

6. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

I would be worried if they didn't look older. They are human after all.

7. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I think there might be more difference between Chris's appearance in series 7 and 8 than between 7 and BtE. Mainly weight I think. He's wasn't really fat but I think he had a bit more around the chops in series 8. He looks a bit slimmer now. Not original series slim but slimmer than 8.

Overally, yes they all look older, but time had been pretty kind to them.

8. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

I agree with all that. Chris seemed to have aged the most. I get the impression he had put on weight (as in series 8 ) and like many people, when he lost it he looked a bit drawn. The others looked fine. Although Kryten is not going to look any older, it must be getting harder for Robert to spend several hours in that get-up.

9. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I think it was off-set somewhat by the advances in such suits and prosthetics. (It's much quicker to put on now.) I did get the impression it was a bit of a strain though after so much time without it, although I think he got used to it. I agree though it could get harder.

If Dwarf's still going in series XIIII I guess Kryten could be wrecked and his mind uploaded into a 3000 series body. (Mecanoid 3000s look human. ;-) )

10. Paul Taylor

Am I right in remembering that DNA was supposed to be the last episode of series 4 and Kryten was supposed to stay human, but the episode order was changed, so he ended up stuck in the suit?

11. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

Yep. Although the story does mean he'd wind up in the suit again anyway afterwards (they were testing the machine to turn him back when Holly created the Mutton Vindaloo Beast), it was guaranteed when DNA was pulled forward and all the reshuffles were forced (like Dimension Jump and Meltdown being forced to the back)

12. Windfola

Windfola Third Technician

I honestly think that they all look wonderful. They are older, so obviously aren't going to look exactly the same. Some of the comments that I read during the build up to BtE about their ages/looks were really quite insulting I thought. I mean, what did some people expect? That they really had been in stasis this past decade? :lol:

Paul Taylor, I think you might have a point there. While Chris wasn't what I'd call overweight in VIII, he was heavier there. I thought that he was looking good in Massive Speed (2006), but he has slimmed down even more since then. Actually, on the subject of Chris, during those pre-BtE days I threw together a couple of montages to show people that he hasn't really changed all that much at all. Sometimes it helps to see things side by side.:-)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. kraftytactics

kraftytactics Third Technician

i wanted to say that haha

14. Baxters_Hooch

Baxters_Hooch Supply Officer

Craig hardly looks any different, it's like someone timewarped him and his costume in from the mid-nineties! Danny and Chris have both aged gracefully, yes you can tell they're older but they still look excellent. With Robert it's impossible to tell under all the makeup, but from CarPool and Scrapheap he looks a fair bit younger than he is. Chloe looks exactly as she always has!

15. Paul Taylor

I think Chloe looks better than I remembered from the earlier series.

16. steff85

steff85 Second Technician

i think chloe looked good but reeally thin :shock:she looked her best in series 7 i think. i think they all look good for their age though

17. GTaDave

GTaDave Catering Officer

Driving an Italia Gagliano, The Grizzly Circuit, M
    Have you not noticed that Krytens suit has become increasingly bigger over the years?

18. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I figured that was due to all the new upgrades he's installed throughout the years.
    ;-)

19. Red_Dwarf_Heroes_Lost_Fan

Red_Dwarf_Heroes_Lost_Fan Supply Officer

3,000,000 years into deep space. (otherwise, Dubli
    IMO, they all looked older. Even Kryten, around his eyes.

20. littlesmegger

littlesmegger Third Technician

In that montage above, where's the image from in the 2nd to bottom row, 2nd across... where he's looking somewhat shocked.
    Don't remember seeing that press image. :?