Currently...

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by Seb, May 4, 2017.

1. BozBoo

BozBoo Console Officer

Twitter is a social media platform where people can create short written posts or 'Tweets', along with attaching various types of media such as gifs and images.

I understand you might not 'get it'. The older generation often have difficulties with this type of stuff.

2. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Currently sipping a tea.
    Now I shall reply to a post after said sip.

But the older generation use Twitter, eh @thebozdog?? The younger generation use Tiktok. You probably think/hope that the latter is some sort of pacemaker device :roll:

or a countdown app on your Nokia 3310 counting down the day you can retire at 45 with your golden pension :roll:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    BozBoo likes this.
  3. BozBoo

BozBoo Console Officer

Ah the 3310. The only phone you could bludgeon someone to death with and then call the police on it to turn yourself in because it would still work.

4. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

So THAT’S why @neilold used it! And I always thought it was a bottle

5. Asclepius

Asclepius Console Officer

Nikki the Great and Ant E like this.
  6. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

I can’t work out if what I’m saying is hypocritical, I suppose it is a bit...

But I’d really struggle to be friends with someone like Ian Symes. I can’t stand that “you follow my opinion or else your cancelled” attitude. Even though I suppose I’m suggesting that myself without meaning to.

It doesn’t take a genius to work out that transphobia/homophobia/racism is wrong, but just because you don’t support certain political parties or movements, doesn’t mean you don’t despise that prejudice yourself.

Look at @neilold. He was specifically posting racist stuff and everyone called him out on it. He wasn’t just saying “vote BNP” he was saying black people cause more crime and rightly got the boot. He was also a prat.

But someone just saying they think men can’t be women isn’t transphobic, I don’t think. And I personally disagree with JK Rowling, I see her point, I just think It’s not worth getting angry at people about.

It would be so boring if everyone thought and voted the same.
    I suppose the moral of the story is, don’t be sh it to other people, be respectful, be kind!

Asclepius and Nikki the Great like this.
  7. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Flight Co-Ordinator

I am so glad someone said it, cos I didn't want to be the first. I have been having a massive rethink about my whole personal identity recently. I always considered myself to be a leftist.

I sort of started drifting from the "liberal" concept, which I think I've explained about before on here. There's just too many shouty libtards now, shouting at people over what they should be thinking/doing, that I think contradicts the meaning of he word liberal. But I'm starting to lose faith in my own convictions, so I am unsure if I can realistically identify as fully "left" anymore, as I don't recognise the left now.

I despise fascism and I hate to say it, but we've gone too far the other way now. I would never ever align myself with the right wingers. That's not me at all. But I'm seeing a new type of lefty and it's dominating things. You're told how to think, that you cannot ever question anything and that you must say this and that or you're a terrible person.

The closest political self identity I can give myself these days is some sort of Anarchist/Antifa. I am anti fascism first and foremost, and I am thoroughly disheartened to see how fascist the left have become these days. The right I couldn't care less about, they've always been boneheaded fascist asshats.

So yeah...that's that I guess.

Oh also I wouldn't be friends with Ian Symes as he has poor personal hygiene and that's not something I can stomach in a person.

Asclepius and Ant E like this.
  8. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Funny old world innit, @Bluey

Nikki the Great likes this.
  9. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Yes it is. I can't disagree.

10. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Thanks for your apology on the matter. I hope we can move forward from this point on.

11. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I don't recall giving any apologies to you. Perhaps I'm suffering from some kind of memory loss. Or perhaps you're just talking nonsense again.

12. Asclepius

big truth man!

I wanted to write pretty much the same. I'm open to a lot of different opinions (except the extreme ones, although I'm sure these had to be discussed in the society too), but I can't stand people who think their opinion is absolutely the best possible one, and who judge others by their political views.

It's a product and perfect example of the black-white (or good-wrong) thinking. You're a part of one side and everyone who shows just a hint of different opinion is automatically repudiated. Plus, thanks to our good friend internet, you can slam him instantly.

This is typical example. Ian Symes doesn't know anything about Paul Farrer, his life, views etc., but he read some of his tweets and yet he's able to say he's a complete twat!

This behaviour is just wrong and it absolutely kills any discussion that we need to have democracy.

13. Asclepius

Can you please post a link. I'm following him on Twitter, but I don't know which tweets got this m.assive reaction.

14. Asclepius

I've never considered myself a liberal, despite my views being very similar to the "proper liberalism". It's a shame this term was adapted by these libtards (or pseudo-liberals as I call them), because they're imo the opposite of a liberal.

The whole idea that an opinion defines whole human being and that only my opinion is the correct one, just reminds me of communism/fascism, and has nothing to do with liberalism.

The left is in crisis (the right is in one too probably...). There's a lot of these libtards among them, their views are imo leftist, but in an extreme and wrong way.
    Speaking from my local point of view, the left is finished. Populists have taken over the leftist policy, but keep saying they're not on the left, nor right...

I know the situation is different in the West, where there is no experience with communism, but I guess I'm too tired to write something sensible in that manner now. Maybe later.

15. Nikki the Great

What a surprise :roll:

Asclepius likes this.
  16. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

Well yeah. Like @Nikki the Great and @Asclepius I had a similar 'identity crisis' in terms of what I was politically a few years ago, for the very same reasons as them and have generally remained apolitical ever since.

There's a very telling turn of phrase in that thread you linked to Ant that highlight part of the problem with things for me and shows how reality gets adjusted and then presented as fact. The opinions of two individuals are given a label (transphobic) by an outside source. A third party who doesn't recognise that label defends them and their right to their opinion. And this leads to:

"(he) pledged his support for Glinner and JK Rowling’s transphobia"

There's nowhere to go with that is there? Reality now means that if you disagree with the label you are pledging your support for the label.

This is known as a kafkatrap and it's everywhere at the moment.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    Asclepius and Nikki the Great like this.
  17. Nikki the Great

Wouldn't it be funny if one of the main cast or maybe Doug said something that triggered the loud libtards of twitter? Would they keep watching RD? Would they cancel any further DJ's and dissolve the fan club? Would they delete their website?

My guess is they wouldn't. I get the feeling the rules only apply when they say they do.

Asclepius likes this.
  18. Cloud

Cloud Flight Co-Ordinator

I remember there was some (of course) twitters rumblings about how dangerously close the Male to female stuff at the start of promised land got. in the end i think they let it go though

19. Nikki the Great

Well of course they did. Hypocrites. Next they'll be shouting at smelly people.

20. BozBoo

BozBoo Console Officer

Currently hammering bathroom tiles in prep for my new bathroom. Well, not CURRENTLY. I was doing it but now I'm updating the currently topic.