Countdown to Series XI

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Callisto252, May 31, 2016.

1. Callisto252

Callisto252 Supply Officer

I've found the location picture that I was thinking of - here (looks like the scene may have been filmed at the far end of this corridor).

Also, I think there's a chance this could be from the second episode filmed, the Cat one. The G&T set report mentions an Alien-esque corridor scene, possibly filmed in Fawley power station. That would make me extra curious about what's happened to Rimmer though - perhaps abducted by some hostile cats?

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I like the look of some of the plot synopses. Some of them fill me with slight dread.

3. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Wich won do u dred?

4. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Why are you writing in this manner?

5. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

I weesh I new so wor iz the anser to my qweshtin!?

6. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I would answer, but since you can't be bothered to write properly why should I?

7. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Summarise/sumerrrize

8. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Going off the official synopses, I don't like the sound of a Cat-centric episode (especially one that involves him falling in love) and Kryten having a mid-life crisis. I'm also not sure about that one with Lister having his bodyparts removed by a 'deranged droid' (who I'm guessing is probably Kryten?). And surely we already had that concept in Lemons. The other episode synopses sound pretty good though. In particular, the one set in an America where modern technology has been outlawed sounds like it could be a very good episode - though it does seem ambitious for a show that doesn't have a particularly big budget to be set in an alternate America. I wonder how they're going to pull it off. I'm guessing there'll be a minimum of outdoor shots.

9. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

I saw the America one and it didn't look low budget at all!! Very good guest cast too!

From the set report I read, the stolen body parts one sounded quite gross and funny - like Demons and Angels!

Agree on the midlife crisis one though... That's the one that worries me mainly because I don't think Robert has been that good since series 7! I'm one of the few that prefers the performances (since series 5, anyway) when there's no audience as "some" cast tend to over act!

10. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

I a
    think some of the preformance issues more came down to Doug's directing in series X which seemed far too loose. He should have never let things slide like Kryten saying "sir" too many times in some sentences, it's something I hope his learned from. Also some of the most pantomimy acting came from scenes not shot infront of the studio audence, as evident in Dear Dave. Also as much as I hate to say it, it felt like at times that Doug was drawing some influences from series 8 while making X.....that came across in not just the acting but jokes themselves, and the episodes are worse for it.

11. SoundableObject

SoundableObject Catering Officer

That is actually one of the things the set reports mentioned early on. They were a lot more stringent on not adding in unnecessary names and "sir"s and would re-shoot to get the line right without it.

12. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

Well, they managed it for Tikka, but like you say, very few exteriors.

13. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

LOADS of exteriors!!

14. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

I can only think of 4: The Jeff Kay procession, walking down the deserted street, Idlewild Airport, grassy knoll.

15. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

I meant in Alternative America :?

16. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

17. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Yes :x

18. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

Yes what?

19. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Pay attention

20. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

You can get larger pics in the news section of the site Bluey.

I'm wondering if that 'odd' one of Kryten is actually from the everyone's Kryten episode, and it's Chris Barrie :?