Congratulations and a Thank You

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by aweaver, Apr 12, 2009.

1. aweaver

aweaver Skutter

I have to say a congratulations and a thank you is in order to every member of the Red Dwarf team, cast and crew. It is a shame that people are showing such negativity to Red Dwarf without viewing all the episodes of Back to Earth and any twists in plot that may occur. The Back to Earth episodes for me were not just about comedy but about marking the end of am era and may be a new beginning. These episodes allowed me to feel more attached to the characters than ever before. We knew Back to Earth was going to be special, we knew it wasn't going to be like normal episodes and that is exactly what we got.

I'm sure viewing ratings would have been far higher if more advertising was done and a release worldwide, not everyone has Dave. What happens next is up to us, I'm sure we all want a new series of Red Dwarf and we have the ability to make it happen. I hope everyone here not only buys Back to Earth but also encourages others to buy it also. We have already had 10 years without Red Dwarf, let's not make it another 10 years.

So thank you to the cast and crew of Red Dwarf. It would be a shame if this was the real The End.

2. Commander_mARC

Commander_mARC Skutter

I agree,

A big thank you to all those involved. This put a smile on my face, whilst my world is falling down around me, baliffs at the door, no job, this put a smile on my face.

Thank you.

3. Holly_Hilly

Holly_Hilly Third Technician

Hear hear!

Congratulations an thanks to GNP, Dave and all the cast and crew.

And also to Andrew and others involved in RD.co.uk for providing Forums for us to debate in, and also for stopping it from crashing completely even with the massive traffic.

4. plantejr

plantejr Third Technician

I agree as well,

When a friend living in the UK told me about the new shows I felt like a little kid in a candy shop. I feel the shows were very well done for a ten year hiatus. Thank you very much to all involved in making Red Dwarf.

5. h3lter

h3lter Second Technician

thanks to all! please make series 10 for me and people who apprieciate the hard work that has been put it in such a short space of time and with such a limited amount of money! ignore the cynical arseh*les this world seems to have now a days!

peace!

one very happy dwarf fan!

6. slappyslack

slappyslack Third Technician

yes i was exstatic as it started on my birthday 21 years of sharing a bday with red dwarf!

THANKS FOR THE BEST PRESENT I COULD HOPE FOR AT MY AGE (ONLY 22 BUT STILL)

MUCH APPRECIATED

7. SCIFIGEEK

SCIFIGEEK Third Technician

Yeah, thank you to everybody involved in making this happen. Sure there could be slight improvments, after 10yrs away, you expect it to be rusty but overall, i enjoyed it very much. Well Done to Everybody.

:-D

8. SmegheadUSA

SmegheadUSA Skutter

I wholeheartedly agree. Those of us Red Dwarf fans in the States are very grateful to all responsible for creating more original episodes. My wife and I have been watching Red Dwarf since 1987 and really have missed the anticipation of new material on DVD. This new three-part special was so Red Dwarf! Sure, some people will be negative but that's just because of their passion for Red Dwarf. There is an enourmous audience for this brilliant, uniquely British television show.

Anyhow, congratulations GNP and Dave on a job well done! :-D

9. SophieMadeOfStars

SophieMadeOfStars Skutter

I agree! Thanks cast and crew for the special! It was brillient! And being a relatively young fan it was great to actually see new dwarf material on it's first tv screening!

10. makkeroy

makkeroy Skutter

Congratulations all cast and crew.
    I think it was the best story Red Dwarf has done.
    This new style has so much potential.
    Keep up the good work guys and girls, thank you for making it happen.