Bloody Fantastic!! now... onto.. Episode Ideas

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by mervdub, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

I'm not actually able to read this thread properly, since it would massively compromise my role on the production. And the legal minefield of having fans deliberately submit story ideas to GNP makes it an impossibility.

2. 2x4b523q

2x4b523q Second Technician

:idea:
    I think that a Doctor Who-Red Dwarf cross over would be a great idea:!:
    The TARDIS receives Holly's SOS Distress call and the TARDIS lands on the bridge. Unfortunatly, Cybermen have followed him and Kryten gets in an ordeal with them, The Doctor tells Lister that lots of planets have a north, Holly becomes friends with The Doctor and Rimmer is deleted by The Doctor via sonic screwdriver.
    ------------------------------:arrow:
    How about, there is a dimension skid and the cast of Red Dwarf USA come into Red Dwarf. Rimmer thinks that the american version of him is terrible, The Cat gets into a cat fight with The Cat and Lister and Lister make friends, much to the annoyance of Rimmer, whilst +2: Kryten 2X4B-523P exlains that an exact version of him can exist because of quantum mechanics...

:-D:-):-(:eek::shock::?8:-(lol:;-)

UNFORTUANTLY AS ANDREW POINTED OUT, THIS CANNOT HAPPEN

3. RotootHununga

RotootHununga Third Technician

I'd like to see a six/seven episode series that gives equal time to each of the characters and had a broad but not overt arc (Like VI and VII's).
    This series Kryton reluctantly shows Lister Kochanski's good bye message and the Dwarfers begin their search for her.
    Each episode should be broadly devoted to one of the main characters giving back-story etc for new fans.
    I'll just suggest two possibles.

- Planet of the Cats -

Cat has always been the least developed of the main cast and his role has been reduced from about series 3 onwards so it would be nice to have a whole episode or two based around him.
    The plot should revolve around a secret hidden in the bowls of Red Dwarf by the ancient society of the Cat's ancestors and that deep within him is a long latent instinct to solve the mystery.
    The episode should also reveal a lot about Cat's life as a child and the myths and legends of the Red Dwarf Cats, eventually ending with the discovery of a planet they colonised millenia ago.

Kochanski
    The crew eventually find their lost collegue only to find she has settled down with a hitherto unknown survivor of Red Dwarf...Tim the Catering officer...but all is not what it seems...

4. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I think the Cat is too shallow for that story to work, at least in a way that would be believable for the character.

I would like to see an episode where the Cat takes a central role though. And it would also be great if we could catch up with the surviving ark that left the ship.

5. Bewareofthephil

Bewareofthephil Third Technician

I'd be all for a Cat episode. It'd be really hard to keep it in character though, since he's SUPPOSED to be shallow. Unless it goes into how his mind works, perhaps the crew get sucked into a world created by the Cat's imagination, I dunno how it'd work.

Perhaps the Dream Watcher from Parallel Universe could make a return, with a TimeSlides type twist. An adventure through the Cat's dream-cum-nightmare would be an interesting episode.

6. RotootHununga

RotootHununga Third Technician

Just thought of another episode, this time an Arnold Rimmer centric plot.

-The Beginning-
    (Note: This would take place as part of a bigger story, the Dwarfers need something (I dunno, a McGuffin, call it X) to make Dwarf's experimental faster-than-light travel that is necessary to get them to Y (wherever, earth maybe (You an tell I've put a lot of thought into this) Unfortunately all of Red Dwarf's X was destroyed in the radiation leak that wiped out the crew 3 million years ago)

The Dwarfers decide they must use the Time-Drive to travel back to before the Radiation Leak and steal some X without being seen.
    There's a lot of room for fun here with Kochanski and Rimmer trying to avoid their past selves using the Forrest Gump effects.
    Lister is already in stasis which means they don't have long to find the X.
    Cue lots of sneaking, running and awkward situations.
    The real emotional punch, however, is Rimmer's realisation that he now has a chance to be alive again if he averts the disaster.
    He seriously considers saving the ship until just before he does it Lister talks him out of it by telling him how since he died he's become a better person and that changing history would make him an unbearable smeg-head again (also there would be a bigger plot thread for which they need the X that they can't just abandon, we're talking fate of the universe stakes).
    Rimmer finally sees sense but not before accidentally causing the radiation leak himself with an apt "Oh smeg"
    Kryton and the Cat have found the X just in time and they all race for Starbug just in time...

7. mccollough

mccollough First Technician

Mr Flibble's Revenge
    Deep in the cargo bays lies a handpuppet. But not just any old hand puppet. This is a hand puppet which has the last remains of a deadly holovirus. It slithers into holly and instead of the usual face on the screen we have a psychotic penguin controlling the ship. The crew then have to make it down a load of floors to get to the mainframe of holly's system and remove the virus before it completely destroys the entire ship.

(You could have rimmer becoming possessed through the holgraphic control at some point in the episode)

Krytenna
    After getting himself locked in a cuboard for 4 days, kryten passes his time by reading womens magazines that lie around him. When the crew finally rescue him, he has performed a sex change upon himself after the magazines convinced him he is a woman. The New Krytenna (also played by Rob Llewellyn) is useless at helping the crew due to doing her hair and make up all the time, and eventually, she realises that she must give up her life for the sake of the crew. Kryten is returned to normal and comments on being a woman as...

"It was like going to tea with a gang of camp norwegians and ordering french toast"

To which the crew look puzzled

8. RedMidget

RedMidget First Technician

Rebalencing the Power
    Holly Discovers a loop hole in the space corp directives meaning that lister out ranks rimmer but the power goes to his head

9. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Why don’t you return

Nikki the Great likes this.
  10. leewhitham

leewhitham First Technician

Did you search for the oldest thread you could find.....wow

11. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Yep. Look at the shameful amount of people commenting in this thread. WE are the only survivors.

This forum is in crisis. If only @Seb had taken notice of my marketing campaign. You reap what you sow I guess...

Nikki the Great likes this.