Back to Earth: The Whole Thing

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Andrew, Apr 12, 2009.

1. TheMDJ

TheMDJ Skutter

I have been a HUGE fan of the show since it first aired! have met the cast and even been on set! got all the books/dvds etc... so couldnt wait when i heard a special was been filmed....it was either gonna be great or a MASSIVE mistake!

yep a MASSIVE mistake it surely was! totally un-original and desperate, it just was tacky and unfunny, in fact i would even go as far as saying UTTER CRAP! PLEASE dont do any more series, Red Dwarf will loose all credibility! leave it alone as you've proved you cant do it anymore!

2. norway

norway Skutter

i beleive that the references to a 9th and 10th series was to fill in the 10 years that there wasn't anything. they could have missed that out but then there would be no way for the audience to know things that have happened in that time such as kochanski been 'sucked out an airlock'. it was simply necassary for the story. of course it may have also been a poke at the bbc.

3. Lee

Lee Third Technician

right all these losers coming on here saying how much they hated it, it seems as thought these are the type of people who had made up their minds before they even made BTE and where gonna hate it no matter what it was like, having watched it again i found myself laughing more at things that i didnt notice first time round, its gone from good to great in my opinion, it was really well done, its set up a new series well and i just hope to GOD that they make more in this style as it was great, if they have to bring in the laugh track for people who dont know when something is funny then so be it but please please please make some more!!!

ta

Lee :-D

4. decboyle

decboyle Skutter

Was absolutely brilliant seeing the boys back on the screen
    When I watched the first episode I liked it, but couldn’t fully enjoy it because I couldn’t stop thinking about how series 8 ended and also thought it felt strange watching the lads back in action after so long away. When they ended up back on Earth and I realised the story was going to be a tongue in cheek type thing I thought …. ****!
    But the more I watched the more I got into and the more I laughed. The episodes got better as they went along and watching them all again back to back was brilliant. I really really hope they continue where BTE left off. Who cares what happened at the end of series 8 and how they got from there to BTE. If that kinda crap really bothers you then you shouldn’t be watching Red Dwarf. Looking forward to DVD

5. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Can we watch the language, please.

6. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

Losers?! For the record I really didn't like Ep1, but thought 2 and 3 were simply wonderful, marvellous, in fact. But I'm getting tired of all this bashing the non-likers are receiving. Some people genuinley didn't enyjoy it. Just accept it, for goodness sake.

7. garfie

garfie Catering Officer

Wrong side of the thin line between genius and ins
    True they are bad. But the delusional idiots who decided they are going to be positively orgasmically in love with BTE no matter what it was like are even worse.

It's always good if you can use the word 'orgasmically' in a post.

8. nealos1

nealos1 Third Technician

i want to know what andrew thinks since he's a moderator on the official site

anyone else want to know what andrew thinks

9. Lee

Lee Third Technician

yeah losers, the type of person who doesnt bother signing up to a forum to talk about a show they claim they love, then when something so offensive as actors not getting back into the characters as hey wanted them to, or the show not having a laughter track, or heaven forbid they broke the 4th wall! :eek: they then sign up and have a moan! how does that NOT make them a loser?

though if me calling someone a loser offends anyone, atall, then maybe you shouldnt take forums so seriously, i mean come on, dont be a loser :P

10. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

He is also the Associate Producer of the specials. He was certainly very positive before the release.

11. nealos1

nealos1 Third Technician

hey that sums me up
    although if i'd liked it i would of signed up too to comment

just shows how red dwarf has potential when people who hated it are signing up to have their say

p.s i do find you offensive but i am not going to get into it
    you want to call me anything else ?

12. norway

norway Skutter

why is everyone arguing about it? some people like and other don't. i dont see the problem with letting people have their opinions on it without having to say their wrong or their fooling themselves.

13. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

Why? Is Andrew's opinion the be-all and end-all... the one that must be followed ?

14. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

Bad language isn't permitted on this forum, so I can't tell you what I think of your logic, Lee. But please humour me and allow me to guess your age. Fourteen?

15. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I liked some bits and disliked others. Does that make me a green hat?

16. Prime8

Prime8 Skutter

Personally I couldn't have been more pleased with how the new episodes turned out. Ok, the special effects were more like differently abled effects, but as far as the acting and the story goes, it was SMEGGING AWESOME. Much better than series 7 and 8. I didn't miss the laugh track at all (which is odd because I did on series 7 extended) as I found there was a couple of times in the series original run the laughter drowned out what one of the actors was saying. Also, I think it made it more film-like, which was the effect they were going for. I was a bit worried when they came inmto the 'real' world as I thought this could destroy the whole thing, but they worked it brilliantly and above all, it was very funny. As much as I don't want to wait another 10 years, I think BTE was actually worth the wait. Bring on series 10 I say, and not a moment too soon.

17. Prime8

Prime8 Skutter

On another note. The only way you can really tell Rimmer has aged is his hair. Maybe for series 10 he should go back to the 'Green Git' outfit from series 3. If he leaves his stupid looking hat on no one will notice that he's aged at all.

18. Lee

Lee Third Technician

what bad language, loser, last time i looked wasnt a bad word, my logic?, im saying people that dont want to sign up until something isnt perfect in their minds and then just say tings like "terrible" "awful" "a huge mistake" people saying MUST have had a perfect episode in their head and when it didnt fit into this they just say stupid things like "utter dissapointment", it wasnt terrible, or awful, hyperdrive was awful, BUT AS I SAID its my opinion, if you dont agree fine but dont make assumptions about my age becasue i dont have the same opinion as you. im 24 and i dont seem to think as higly as myself as you seem to think of yourself, i see if people come on here who dont like BTE are allowed to say the people who did like it are just being loyal, and they really didnt like it, but when i say those who dont like it had an opinion about it before the show aired... then i am wrong OK i see how this forum works marvelous.

19. Lee

Lee Third Technician

ok i read your reply wrong so i am sorry for uppsetting you all so much, il never give my opinion again il just agree with you all

20. garfie

garfie Catering Officer

Wrong side of the thin line between genius and ins
    OK throwing hissy fits isn't going pursuade people that you aren't 14.

It is fine to disagree with people about the show but either side attacking each other for having preconcieved ideas about BTE isn't very fair. You are allowed to love it just as much as I am allowed to think it was pretty rubbish. Now calm down and try not calling everyone who disagrees with you a loser.