Back to Earth: Episode Two

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Andrew, Apr 10, 2009.

1. DavidS

DavidS Third Technician

Needs the laugh track, its just not working without it.

i thought this was a big product placement add and a crap way to beg some production company for a new series

tell rimmer he is a smeg head was good and its OK to kill a hologram was funny, in total if the first ep was for 23mins and this one was for 25mins or so then the next is going to be around the same i would say this is just an extended episode and not a carved up movie as some smegheads have said.

the new red dwarf for me was so hyped that when it finely came i was bitterly disappointed, like being told you had just won a car but when it arrived at the door it was a bust up old 1980 citron and the prize giver says "its still a car that you have won"

i am trying to reason with myself and i have concluded that in the world of TV today "Dave" maybe pushed to hard for quick results and if more time had been put into the script with additional input from the cast, things would have been very different, but the money grabbing producers just wanted a fast turn around for as little cash as possible, i am sure i read somewhere in the RD website that they had limited time to make the thing.

but as a hardcore fan i still love the show and it takes nothing away from that, lets just hope that BTE will be a footnote in what will come next, a new series with a laugh track and some time to write a good red dwarf classic script.

a big thanks to the red dwarf cast and crew, i still love you all!

2. reddwarf_rocks

reddwarf_rocks Skutter

loved tonights episode much better than the first although we can't really complain as it was alead in, i think if all three were edited together as a whole episode i think it would improve it, the third episode i cant wait for, if you pause on red dwarf title at the begining whats the building on the right could that be something whats in the final episode?

do you think that the dvd lister was holding of back to earth will be the cover of the real dvd? :-D he could of read out the extras lol

3. 5tephen

5tephen Skutter

right for a starters let me introduce myself im steve i have been a fan of red dwarf all my life so im not here to argue... i have seen the 2 episodes so far... and i have to say its hard to agree with the ppl who are spitting positive comments about this... yes i luved the first episode it was brilliant apart from katalina (i didnt like her 1 bit). The moment they broke the fourth wall in the second 1 tho i think they will live to regret that because it was really painfull to watch baring in mind that i luv red dwarf so it made it even more painfull for me. plus id just like to inform ppl that ive jus seen that these 3 episodes ARE series 9 Red Dwarf. I know theres still one episode left but if the second one was anything to go by i dont hold much expectation up for a new series at all... lets hope that its all some kind of dream or something... thats probarbly the only way they can turn this around if they dont do that i hate to say it but Red Dwarf is Dead

4. ohdear

ohdear Third Technician

What? so this place is just for fanboys praise, no matter how utterly rubbish it is? Puh-lease.

5. trunksgav

trunksgav Third Technician

alot of theories gonig round. but think aobut it rinknig supply the squid cud ave affected lsiter.. the hologram woman pisses rimmer off, the cat may have gt iinfected wheen in its mouth n kryten sometihng to do with lying aobut kochanski i dont know...if doug as any respect for r.d and its fans it will all be reveal n it wil lbe something in true red dwar style n it'll be soemthing alie n n all that jazz bk to reality style maybe. ploymorph merge despir squid.. its a leviathan tho

6. ohdear

ohdear Third Technician

Dude, I think someone polymorphed your keyboard

7. BobbyWalter

BobbyWalter Skutter

I have a feeling this is going to turn into Back to Reality Part Two. I mean, even the titles are similar. And seriously, the writers aren't stupid enough to turn Red Dwarf into this, and the actors wouldn't let them. I love Back to Earth, and want more Red Dwarf episodes. Seriously, it's about as probable as the Dwarf crew being a detective, millionaire, bum, and a Duane Dibbley (it is just not possible to describe Duane in one word ;-). But seriously, it is going great, and I have high hopes for a new series.

Also, has anyone actually mentioned how they look? I mean, they look like they just stepped out of a stasis booth. The make up crew did a smegging brilliant job!

8. KingDando

KingDando Third Technician

Leviathan pretty much means "big sea monster" :-)

9. puzzlebox

puzzlebox Third Technician

What's the difference between an extended episode and a TV movie?

10. Mozoishere

Mozoishere Third Technician

I thought they looked older. They are older. I'm older. :crying:

11. Justletmeon

Justletmeon Third Technician

I'm stating how bad I thought it was. Was that not clear?

12. slappyslack

slappyslack Third Technician

thank you a very sane and realistic comment,

THANK YOU WITH A CAPITAL "R"

13. BobbyWalter

BobbyWalter Skutter

And with the whole product placement thing, I thought it was funny. People should stop complaining and enjoy the show.

14. Flatbattery

Flatbattery Skutter

Fine, whinge about it. Maybe you'll think differently after part 3

15. KugarWeb

KugarWeb Skutter

Just a quote from the Ganymede and Titan interview with Doug Naylor:

"And in terms of story?

The story… well, I am confident that everyone will despise me on Saturday! I’m really, really confident. And they will be hurling things at the television, and just going “We hate him so much!” But hopefully by Sunday… they won’t!"

http://www.ganymede.tv/indepth/g-t-interviews-doug-naylor-again

16. Justletmeon

Justletmeon Third Technician

Ah some sanity! Excellent.

It's certainly looking like this is more of a love in than a forum tho. Eurgh.

17. Reddwarfftw

Reddwarfftw Third Technician

Surely if this is basically Back To Reality part 2 then all this series 9 and 10 stuff being before this special isn't true?

18. 5tephen

5tephen Skutter

sum ppl on here have forgotten what Red Dwarf is suppose to be about... its not suppose to be about product placement or channel advertising

19. slappyslack

no i think he was trying to say that people are just slagging it off and not llookin at the good bits too.

i think it has its problem but it also has its classic dwarf moments with extra.....wisdom (as they are a lot wiser, too wiser in some ways)

but still everyone is very quick to judge giving 100% opinion when really you should be giving 66.66% opinions as, and this is such a big point ill say it in 2 steps
    1. BTE has'nt finished yet were only 2/3rds in and
    2. BTE is only 2/3rds through!

(smegged you kryten style, aye:-(lol:

20. slappyslack

see this is the kind of thing we need to be doing looking at it from both points of veiw.

i agree on the 4th wall thing.