Back To Earth DVD Signing

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Stephen, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Stephen

Stephen Guest

Anyone going to this tomorrow? Craig Charles gonna be in signing two locations on the day:

Saturday 20th June:

9-11am @ The TV & Movie Store - 111 Shenley Road, Borehamwood, WD6 1AT

12-3pm @ The Collectors Centre - 79 The Strand, London, WC2R 0DE

I doubt I'll personally be going to this as you need to buy something in store to get it signed.

2. wannabe

wannabe First Technician

Hi!
    I just posted that: here
    Not realising you had asked.
    I'm not sure which one to go to.
    Borehamwood is like 20 minutes drive from me but the London one I could make a day of and its later. :?
    You?

3. Stephen

Stephen Guest

The Strand location would be the easiest one to get to but as you need to buy the DVD instore to have it signed I won't bother. If BTE was a limited addition box set with figurine then I would get the normal DVD instore (as I would've pre-ordered the limited edition otherwise). Plus I need the rest of my money til I'm paid a week tuesday :-( I would've loved to come along in any other situation.

4. scificollector

scificollector Skutter

We are also permitting fans who have already got their copy to have it signed free of charge if they purchase £15 of Red Dwarf merchandise in store, eg shirt, prints, covers, pens, pewterware, mousemats etc etc.

We will also have the new Starbug Belt Buckle on display!

5. dvd3500

dvd3500 Supply Officer

Bummer.. I am already out of Blighty ...

6. Stephen

Stephen Guest

Bummer...I already have all but one of those.

7. wannabe

wannabe First Technician

The belt buckle was cool.
    I want one.
    Simple sideways shot with Starbug across the bottom.
    I should have taken a picture.
    Can you post one please.

8. wannabe

wannabe First Technician

OK so Borehamwood is just down the road from me but I have never been before and at 10am I thought I was going to be late.
    I got there at about 10.30am.
    Was welcomed by some lovely people organising the signing.
    They wanted to film me meeting Craig for some promotion.
    Anyone that has met me here, knows I'm not shy in person but I hate being filmed, really camera shy so I declined.
    I was so tired as was Craig.
    He had a coffee and chocolate lined up to try and wake him up, bless him.
    He asked how far I'd come and asked my name for signing the picture.
    He said he loved meeting the fans and couldn't wait for the afternoon signing in Central London.
    I asked him about the Berkley square event and he said he was upset he had missed it and he couldn't believe they had arranged it on a day he was busy. He asked if this made up for it for me.
    He also said he was gutted it was on the extras (I haven't watched the dvd yet, so I had no idea what he was talking about! - bad fan).
    I had a pick with him and then asked to look at the belt buckle.
    I then went outside to call my friend, and dropped the signed photo and camera back in my car.
    As I walked back to the main street Craig had come out to have a smoke.
    I asked how he felt and had he come down form the North.
    He said he had got up at 5am. I was like wow and said well at least your greeted by smiling faces.
    He said he felt he had to do it as he was sad he had missed out on the Berkley square event.
    He again said he enjoyed these things and shook my hand said goodbye.
    It wasn't very busy in Borehamwood, and I think it eased him in nicely to the day. I'm sure the one on the Strand will be alot busier. He was soooooooooooooo tired and trying to be all smiley with it.

My signed pic:
    [​IMG]
    My pic with Craig:
    [​IMG]
    Maybe I should edit my sig ;-)

9. Stephen

Stephen Guest

Fantastic picture! :-D

10. wannabe

wannabe First Technician

Thanks
    I look more tired than Craig!

11. GTaDave

GTaDave Catering Officer

Driving an Italia Gagliano, The Grizzly Circuit, M
    so I take it that completes your sig now doesnt it? Btw where is Borehamwood? Is it London?

12. wannabe

wannabe First Technician

Well Its not complete but I'm a happier girl today.
    Borehamwood is North/North West London, You heard of Elstree? Studios where Eastenders is filmed? Big Brother? Thats Borehamwood.
    Used to have a high street filled with these kind of Movie and TV stores apparently (according to my friend) because of the Elstree studios. He works in the Tescos there and he serves the Eastenders cast all the time. He goes along to some of the BB evictions and BB Big Mouth stuff.

13. GTaDave

GTaDave Catering Officer

Driving an Italia Gagliano, The Grizzly Circuit, M
    Sounds like a cool place to visit or it did when all the tv movie stores were there

14. Dr_Dave

Dr_Dave Third Technician

I met Craig at the Borehamwood store and he was lovely despite being so knackered :-D He signed my Back To Earth and Series I DVDs. I said my name was Dave and he did a good impression of Holly's "they're all dead Dave!" and that's how he signed my DVD :lol: He said he and the rest of the cast had so much fun making Back To Earth, despite it being a very different episode, and I told him how much I'd enjoyed that 'different' approach. I asked him what the chances of new Red Dwarf episodes were and he said that it was looking very good for some more episodes :-D

Oh yes, just to be a pedent, Borehamwood is actually in Hertfordshire rather than North London, as a local lad that makes all the difference :lol:

I hope the signing was well supported so there are some more signing events in the future 8)

Dave

15. brianbrian321

brianbrian321 Third Technician

We met Craig at the Strand signing and had nothing to say really hadn't planned what to ask him... so he chatted to my son about his Arsenal top and who was gonna win the premiership next season

Just after we left the shop I realised I could have asked him wether he was looking forward to The Big Chill Festival (we are going and Craig is Dj-ing there) :roll:

16. wannabe

wannabe First Technician

If I had said the most southern part of Hertfordshire, nobody would have known where I was on about! LOL
    The Northern most part of London. Ah they all fall in. hehe
    Plus it has a Watford postcode so its still a London commuter belt ;-)

17. steff85

steff85 Second Technician

lovely pictures and story :-) craig seems such a friendly down to erath and funny guy, and what he said about new eps looking likely is very very exciting 8)

18. Dr_Dave

Dr_Dave Third Technician

I was so nervous about meeting Craig, I had do about 3 laps of the shop first before I had the courage to go up to him :lol: but he instantly put me at ease. He was down to earth and funny, you're right :-D Whoever it was that said you shouldn't meet your heroes is wrong ;-)

Dave

19. SpaceFilth

SpaceFilth Third Technician

Why cant they come to Norway to have a signing? I know the interest is much bigger over in England, but its so unfair. Oh, well - i can perhaps come over for the next signing. Perhaps for series 9. Yes, i will definitely go. When did you say it was again? ;-)